News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hungarian Kivalo Dolgozol Badges

OHHHHHH - I have been looking for a silver award for many a moon - my bronze fell appart after the move - the star became un-glued (literally!) its glued on there with epoxy - or it was simply fixed at some point... but this is another badge I kick myslef for turning down so many examples offered.... Very Nice Find :beer:

• 4 weeks later...

A very nice example of the "sunshine on a stick" as I liked to call the agricultural awards. ;) There are several variants of the specific awards in the wording along the banner. This is not a very common one as I recall.

• 7 months later...

Gents,

This is a relatively rare "excellent worker"-type badge, the "Master of Folk Art".

image-FEE8_4D9CBB91.jpg

This badge was established in 1953 by Government Decree No. 1040/1953. (VIII.18.) and abolished by Parliamentary Act No. XXXI. in 1991.

I think, it is interesting to know, that those who received this badge of excellence also were given a certain amount of money and after their retirement they were entitled to receive a certain addition to their pension.

Regards,

cimbineus

• 7 months later...

KDVR,

I don't remember seeing this badge before but I don't think it would be classed as rare. The caption below the badge says "Excellent Student". I suspect this would relate to studies within DISZ but I do not know for sure. During this period, if you were not a member of DISZ you could not attend university.

Regards,

Gordon

Gents,

This is the lowest, bronze grade of a three-grade series of badges established by the MTH (Munkaerő Tartalékok Hivatala = Manpower Reserves’ Office, which was a quasi ministerial level institution) and the above mentioned DISZ for students in professional schools, at the beginning of the '50s.

In fact, this bronze grade can be considered a relatively rare badge, but the silver is even more difficult to obtain, while the golden grade is practically impossible to find. It is extremely scarce, just some pieces known.

cimbineus

kiv-tan-MTH-egyben_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.

Gordon,

Basically the main initiator was the MTH, as the responsible organisation for the training of skilled workmen. These badges, amongst many others, served this process recognising and rewarding prominent students. The DISZ politically supported this whole thing giving it an overall political “chapeau”.

cimbineus

• 11 years later...

Hello,

Sadly, I am aware that this forum hasn't been used for a decade, but I would be glad for any information on the Kivalo Dolgozo medal shown below. It has nothing on the reverse, but it has a silver coloured backplate mentioned in this thread as unusual.

Thank you,

Philip.S

df5c25f3-a785-45e8-9576-21f61ec2c658.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again,

I have seen the box above many times with these medals, are they official, or cheap modern things, also, I recently acquired A kivalo termeloszovetkezeti tag, sold to me as a "excellent production line worker", however it translates to excellent member of the cooperative. A few posts up, is one of these, and it is stated that they are uncommon, is it possible to find out how many were awarded in a year. Lastly, the picture shows my medal in a 

Box, but not the original one. Which award would have been in that box?IMG_20221226_165439462_50.thumb.jpg.732d6b7a55f81355e53ffae450bb46c3.jpgIMG_20221226_165401022_1_50.thumb.jpg.6dd034778d24bd2b0adba3463d50da94.jpg

Again, thank you 

Philip S

• 9 months later...

Sorry for posting on this thread once again, but I couldn't resist the temptation...

I was browsing the Hungarian site "Vatera", even though they don't ship to the UK, but oh well 😢

and I saw this:  I've only ever seen these in silver, now this is a gold, does that imply the existence of a bronze somewhere? here is the link: https://www.vatera.hu/rakosi-kivalo-muszaki-dolgozo-baberkoszorus-arany-fokozat-minijevel-dobozaban-3316453691.html

image_2023-09-29_205443459.png.3fd1af3fe1f9884d9de17503bfe6cc6e.png

Philip.S

Edited by Philip.S

Phillip S, 

Sorry that I missed your post in 2022.  I can not answer either question from memory so I will not try.  All of my Hungarian reference books are still in storage.  Cimbineus wrote my reference book and he could certainly answer your question should he log on again. 

Regards,

Gordon

Gordon Craig, 

No worries! 

2 hours ago, Gordon Craig said:

Cimbineus wrote my reference book and he could certainly answer your question should he log on again. 

Regards,

yes, I'm not sure if it is the same for everyone, but for me almost all his pics have disappeared, which is a shame judging from everyone's reactions to them! 

Thank you!

Philip.S