News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hungarian Kivalo Dolgozol Badges

Charles,

You didn't miss the two awards. The chap that sold them to me was just unpacking as I walked up to his table. He was in the first row on the right, just over halfway down the row. The only bandit was the guy selling the awards and his price! However, I didn't want to pass these up as I had never seen them for sale previously.

Cheers,

Gordon

Ah-yes - that guy...know him quite well. Two years ago I was foolishly buying my Order of the Red Stars from him for the prices that they go for today...now I dont even bother to ask as he sells stuff for what they will go in another two years I am sure...Still - I would have probably jumped on the red cross one even at his prices - that is a rare one. I'm going to try and find the link to the award criteria of it...

Here we go -

Excelent Red Cross Workers Badge - Voroskereszt Kivalo Dolgozoja

Awarded by the Leadership Council of the Hungarian Red Cross for distinguised work over a period of time concering the technical operations of the Red Cross (machines, equipment, etc...) The award was bestowed about 10 times per year and the recipient received a 1500 huf bonus.

Rare - very rare....

not to brag but I got to examine one today - they are imperial quality with communist motiff's - what more can you ask for - also :off topic: but I got to examuine #1 of the Partisan Badge.... :rolleyes:

#1!!!!

:speechless1:

Tell me more-who, how, what!?

by the way-is this a badge, or merely a lapel pin?

Edited by Ulsterman

Hi Ulstermann -

Yep - that is a badge - today Gordon and I found a book - privately published and we are working on getting a copy(s) of it. The Blue Bible only has mention of about 40% of the "Kivalo" badges - but no description of the actual badge - just the law. But this type was made prior to 1956 as I saw examples of them with the Rakosi coat of arms. Zsolt may have this book that I am talking about - help Zsolt?

As for the Partisans - I will post my findings on the regular HUPR thread.

Zolt,

Thanks for posting the interior of the award documents. Nice to know what they look like. Also the picture of the early red cross abde and case. For comparison purposes, here is a picture of the case my badge came in.

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

After working for the Hungarian Miltiary for five years - a coleague of mine remembered his little collection of badges that he had collected as a teenager of badges and such - and as a bonus for my labor all these years I got a little plastic bag of goodies...Here is a Buliding Industry Excelent Workers Badge (have not researched these yet - 1950's???)

and an addition to my model 1959 Excelent Soldier Badges - I already had the one off to the right - got the left today. THese were used from 1967-1969 - then they went to a similar design but much smaller

Edited by hunyadi

Hi Charles,

I see a little caos in the dates of Your excellent soldier badges.

The first modell was, the "skeleton" excellent soldier badge, used from 1959-1968. (on the photo)

From 1967 to 1969 were the big badges, as You show.

From 1969 were the small badges.