News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

ARAB MEDALS -- Morocco

Dave Danner

Credit Photo: NATO

Ribbons:

Commander of the Order of the Throne, Unkown, Order of the Military

Order of the Star of War with devices, Unkown, Medal for the Algerian-Moroccan Campaign

Unkown, Unkown

Also you can see the Spanish Medals for the African Campaigns at: www.coleccionesmilitares.com/medallas/texto/campafrica.htm

And finally another source references

ORDRES ET D?CORATIONS DE L'EMPIRE CH?RIFIEN AU TEMPS DU PROTECTORAT FRAN?AIS AU MAROC 1912 - 1956

Pierre Rousseau

http://www.memodoc.com/cadre.htm

D?CORATIONS FRANCE ET COLONIES

M. Delande, 1934

Here the reverse of this medal

• Replies 63
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ribbons:

Order of the Star of War with devices, Unkown, Medal for the Algerian-Moroccan Campaign

Unkown, Unkown

Also you can see the Spanish Medals for the African Campaigns at: www.coleccionesmilitares.com/medallas/texto/campafrica.htm

ORDRES ET D?CORATIONS DE L'EMPIRE CH?RIFIEN AU TEMPS DU PROTECTORAT FRAN?AIS AU MAROC 1912 - 1956

Pierre Rousseau

M. Delande, 1934

Here is a picture of the Medal for the Volunteer for the War of 1973 again Isreal

Ribbons:

Unkown, Unkown

Pierre Rousseau

M. Delande, 1934

Here is the reverse of the Volunteer Medal for the War against Israel

Ribbons:

Unkown, Unkown

Pierre Rousseau

M. Delande, 1934

Here I attach the picture of the Algero/Moroccan War Medal.

I only got a miniature,but if anyone could help me to get a full size one,I would be very happy.

Dear All

I am becoming quite frustrated in my attempts to purchase ribbon and/or ribbon devices for several medals I want to mount. I am sure you all know the story ! The Association of Members of the Order tell me to contact Spink because they are the suppliers. Spink tell me (or are just not interested!) to contact Toye & Kenning who tell me contact someone else who tell me to contact Spink who tell me to contact Gardino in Rome.

Does anyone know -

1. a website for Gardino in Rome ?

2. a company who can supply ribbon and ribbon devices for medals from Belgium, Italy, France & Poland?

3. where I can get lengths of ribbon (to court mount) US medals? Everyone seems to have pre-packaged ribbon bars but no ribbon.

4. Would it be ok if I posted a list of my needs here to see if anyone has the bits and pieces I am looking for?

5. Where can I get the enamel of an Order repaired ?

Thanks,

Greg.

(In Australia)

Hello Greg,for ribbon you can contact Frederic de Perier in France (he is the biggest french ribbon dealer) and he has a lot of worldwide ribbon : de.perier@free.fr

To do enamel repair is difficult,and in most of the case the result isn't what you expected....(I mean in quality).

Emmanuel

Emmanuel wrote :

"Hello Greg,for ribbon you can contact Frederic de Perier in France (he is the biggest french ribbon dealer) and he has a lot of worldwide ribbon : de.perier@free.fr

To do enamel repair is difficult,and in most of the case the result isn't what you expected....(I mean in quality).

Emmanuel

Thank you, Emmanuel. I have emailed de.perier@free.fr

Thanks also Ed. I understand how you feel about repairing the medal but I need a whole one. I'll happily swap it !

Greg.

• 4 months later...

Hello gentlemen,

i have got two different decorations. I think they were from maroc.

I would like to know, what are the right names.

Could you please help me?

Thanks

Lpr19e

Guest IMHF

These are all very beautiful Morocco medals, I look forward to seeing the rest of all your collections here on this forum.

Thank you for posting all the beautiful Images: :love:

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

• 3 months later...

Electronic translation of Dahir (12 avril 1976) portant création d'ordres particuliers à la défense nationale

Decree of April 12 1976. Creation of special orders to the national defense

1° The Ouissam 'In Nejm El Harbi', Order of the War Star to reward the military, whatever their rank, because of their exemplary courage, of their bravery and owing to remarkable weapons on the battlefield;

2° The Médaille of the Injureds, destined order to reward the military officers and assimilated that One or several injuries for does war or in ordered service.

Ouissam 'In Nejm El Harbi'

Art: 2 - The Ouissam 'In Nejm El Harbi' understands a unique class that behaves:

A simple médaille in gilded bronze of 55 mm of top and 41 mm of wide, formed one of a double palm of modeled foliage.

On the médaille is applied a Moroccan red star, overcome of a royal gilded crown.

Inside the three superior branches of the star, the Ouissam 'In Nejm El Harbi' behaves writes in Arab calligraphy the motto of the royal armed Forces 'God, the Fatherland, the King', and inside the two inferior branches the words 'Courage Honor'.

In his center, the Ouissam 'In Nejm El Harbi' behaves the inscription 'Hassan II'.

The médaille is suspended to a green ribbon of 37 mm of width with a yellow line in his center and trimmed equally of a yellow line of 2 mm of width.

Art: 3 - The Ouissam 'In Nejm El Harbi' commemorates the citations to the nation order, royal armed forces, army, corp of army, division and brigade.

Every citation behaves:

An overcome palm of a crown to the nation order;

A crown to the order of the royal armed forces.

A gilt star one to the order of the corps of army;

A silver star to the division order;

A bronze star to the brigade order.

The overcome palms of a crown, the crowns, the palms and the stars are fastened on the ribbon of suspension of the médaille.

Art: 3 encores - The Ouissam 'In Nejm El Harbi' with citation to the nation order, behave a médaille and a forage to flying.

The médaille, swindled bronze in a piece having the form of a star to eight branches, is overcome of a placed umbrella on two crossed lances, surrounded by two palms.

On the star face, figure on a radiated bottom, the map card of Morocco surround by the motto of the royal armed forces 'God, the Fatherland, the King' and of palms of every side.

On the star back figures, in Arabic characters, a verset of Koran

The médaille is suspended to a green ribbon of 37 mm of width on which is applied the royal crown with of false cutouts, above a placed palm lightly of biais.

The crown and the palm are in skated bronze.

A ring of 15 mm of width set soldered on the back of the médaille for the ribbon passage.

The forage to flying is in the form of a cord some radiates green united with flowing and ferret in non decorated brass

Art: 4 - When the flag of a unity or of a formation is decorated with citation in the Ouissam 'In Nejm El Harbi', this distinction confers:

1° To The chiefs od corps of ladite unity or formation the profit of harbor of the considered decoration;

2° HAS the body of the personnel of this unity or formation, the right of harbor of one forage to the colors of the aforementioned order.

Art: 5 - All tenured military officer of four citations in the order of the Ouissam 'In Nejm El Harbi' can attain directly to the rank of knight on the Order of Throne, notwithstanding the required conditions for

the admission in the latter order.

The Médaille of the Injureds

Art: 7 - The Médaille of the Injureds, of a diameter of 46 mm is in gilded bronze, overcome royal crown.

She is trimmed on the pourtour by a crown of bay leaf bearing, in his inferior party, a red punctuated crescent on which come to lean the crosiers of two crossed rifles.

She carries to the notifies the avers between the rifle canons, written calligraphy in Arab, the motto of the royal armed Forces 'God, the Fatherland, The King' and in epigraph, between the rifle crosiers 'Courage and Honor'.

To the back, she behaves, written calligraphy, the date back to the country for which the médaille is awarded.

Art: 8 - The Médaille of the Injureds concerns themselves the left side of the chest, attached by a scratched ribbon of diagonal white and red stripes.

Electronic translation of Dahir (12 avril 1976) portant création d'ordres particuliers à la défense nationale

Hi Antonio,

Thanks for this information. Would it be possible to also include the original decree in french?

Thanks

Jean-Paul

Yes for research on te Bulletin:

http://bdj.mmsp.gov.ma/

And other medals and decorations:

Titre: Dahir n° 1-75-034 du 21 chaaba...

Signataire: Sa Majesté Hassan II... Date de promulgation: 30/ 8/1975

Sujet: Création de médailles commémoratives à l'occasion de la guerre du 10 ramadan 1393.

Titre: Dahir n° 1-79-188 du 18 hija 1...

Signataire: Sa Majesté Hassan II Date de promulgation: 9/11/1979

Sujet: Création de la médaille commémorative de la campagne du Zaïre. .

Titre: Dahir n° 1-81-341 du 3 rebia I...

Signataire: Sa Majesté Hassan II Date de promulgation: 18/ 1/1983

Sujet: Création d'une médaille commémorative dite de l'Opération El Kadr .

Titre: Décret royal n° 199-66 du 1er ...

Signataire: Sa Majesté Hassan II... Date de promulgation: 14/12/1966

Sujet: Création des ordres du Royaume .

Titre: Dahir n° 1-75-033 du 12 rebia ...

Signataire: Sa Majesté Hassan II Date de promulgation: 12/ 4/1976

Sujet: Création d'ordres particuliers à la défense nationale .

Edited by Antonio Prieto

Sujet: Création de médailles commémoratives à l'occasion de la guerre du 10 ramadan 1393.

Thanks/Merci

Jean-Paul

Another unsuccessfull attempt to link. Can you be more specific regarding the path?

Regards,

Dragomir

Hello gentlemen,

i have got two different decorations. I think they were from maroc.

I would like to know, what are the right names.

Could you please help me?

Thanks

Lpr19e

Gentlemen,

I have a sneaking suspicion that these medals are Algerian wounded awards - but need confirmation.

Owain[

Morocco Order of Sport Merit

This is the Morocco Order of Sport Merit : Ouissam er Riada.

It was instituted 8 october 1970 (6 chaabane 1390).Dahir N° 2-69-388.

It's a 3 classes Order.The Exceptionnal Class is gilt,the 1st Class is silver (picture below),and the 2nd Class is bronze.

Reverse is blank.

Emmanuel