News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Yugoslavian Partisan Stars

Thank you Waldemar!

The range of numbers I know but there are lower and higher numbers:

Partisan Star 1st cl. (Mondvor) - Min: 881 Max: 1.457

Partisan Star 1st cl. (IKOM) - ??

Partisan Star 2nd cl. (Mondvor) - Min: 514 Max: 896

Partisan Star 2nd cl. (IKOM) - Min: Max: 8.330

Partisan Star 3rd cl. (Mondvor) - Min: 8.139 Max: 17.459

Partisan Star 3rd cl. (IKOM) - Min: 22.039 Max: 26.862

• 2 months later...
    • Replies 344
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So again, exactly how does this numbering system work if the awards were handed out non-sequentially? I have a 3rd Class Mondvor with a ser #: 8975, which would allude to being towards the front end going from the above list, but how can you really know? What happened to the first 8000+ awards?

Tim

Hi Tim,

congratulation to your Partisan Star 3rd class, I think that this is a beautiful and one of most interesting orders from communist countries. :cheers:

Coming back to your questions:

1. During the guerrilla war in Yugoslavia there was no reliable and permanent connection between units and with the Supreme Staff. Some task were decentralized as in the case of granting awards. First orders were delivered on September 8, 1944 and partly distributed to the fighting units. This fragmentation explains why the order could not be awarded sequentially.

Even in case of orders made by IKOM in post war Yugoslavia it was common that some low number were reserved for 'important' persons. We see that sometime a 'important' Persons was granted with a order with very low serial number, much lower as orders awarded at the same time to not very 'important' persons.

2. What is happened with first 8000 pieces of Order of Partisan Star 3rd class? Anatoly13 posted on his homepage the lowest number he knows, it is 350. Slowly we see lower numbers of this order. Maybe some of these orders have been lost during the war. I hope we will be soon able to answer this question. :cheers:

w.

Thank you for the reply!

Yes, understand we don't live in a perfect world and many of these historical pieces, or the actual history behind each one lost over time due to missing records, etc. Appears to be common in so many areas of collecting.

Tim :beer:

Got off my butt and took some PICS of mine today. Never been into communist stuff too much, but I can already see that the "stars" are going to hook me! :love::banger:

3rd Class Partisan Star; Mondvor; Ser#: 8975

Enjoy! :beer:

Tim

I meant to add that the screw disc appears to be brass or copper coated with this aluminum (silverish) color coating. You can see a copperish color on the inside of the threads and faintly on the outside highlights.

Now, I need to get a nice one made by IKOM. Then I guess I have to start looking for the 2nd class. :speechless: Never ends.

Tim

Wow, I just saw that wlodzimierz wrote that the lowest known number of Partisan star III class, Mondvor, is 8139!!!!

Is my star realy rarity? I'm sorry because I can't make better pictures, but there it is:

2ah7d6v.jpg

It IS with number 3459, I did't mix "3" with "8", I'm 100% sure.

Hvala, Luka!

Well, I thought that it would be reeeealy great miracle if my order would be something very rare, but I was little bit confused when I read Waldemar's post.

Look at posting #102, I mentioned there that there is evidence of Order of partisan Star 3rd class with s/n 350.

Lower numbers as 8000 are indeed rare but not miracle.

Confused??

w.

Look at posting #102, I mentioned there that there is evidence of Order of partisan Star 3rd class with s/n 350.

Lower numbers as 8000 are indeed rare but not miracle.

Confused??

w.

Oooops, I haven't noticed that :blush:

Sorry, Waldemar

Tank you :cheers:

I asked myself for long period of time what happened with lower numbers, sometimes we need more time to answer questions, as in this case.

I must admit I have never seen such low number on sale. The reason for that is at the moment not clear - but with the time we will find it out.

Congratulations to your OPS3 :beer:

w.

It is interesting that there are two 3rd Class Partisan Stars illustrated with documents in earlier portions of this thread that have numbers less than 8000. Post #64 is numbered 2394 and according to the document was awarded to a Soviet Lieutenant on 30 May 1945. Posts #85-87 illustrate a second one numbered 2376 and again awarded to a Soviet Lieutenant on 30 May 1945. This would appear to indicate that there were a significant number of these awards to members of the Soviet Army in the upper 2000 range of numbers. Gunner 1

Hi Gunner 1,

you are right, :cheers: there are two orders from the range 23xx with certificates. I oversaw these two documents. :banger:

I think that it would make sens to create a new, pinned important topic with Order of Partisan Stars where we could post order with serial number and certificates. In such way we would get better feeling what serial number was awarded in which time period.

Do you agree?

w.

That might be helpful as this thread is pretty old already. We could start a new thread similar to those in other areas just asking for serial numbers, or documented cases (I/e: award cert/star) and start compiling a list of numbers vs dates. Go from there?

Unfortunately, mine is without any documentation and that might be the case of the majority here, still we could update the numbers found in collections.

Are we going for the Mondvor or Ikom or both?

Tim

Edited by Tim B

As soon as I get time later today I will start a thread on Mondvor 3rd Class Partisan Stars numbers, with or without documentation. If others want to start additional threads on other classes or the IKOM variety that would be a great idea, but I think to keep things somewhat easier to use it would be better if that were done with a separate thread. Gunner 1

Concur, better to start small and expand once we have a base to start with. Here's a potential "type" of problem:

A member over at the Soviet Awards Page Forum had posted these from 2006 when he bought them all from a seller. Stated most were in the 8000-9000 or 17000 range, but didn't elaborate how many were in what specific group. All 3rd class.

Tim

Great image Tim, thank you for sharing :cheers:

it looks like a department of a museum. :love:

I saw some such orders in min condition, I believe that they comes from IKOM, after this factory was privatized and archives and other storage facility partly, destroyed or thrown away. This is what I heard from the people in Zagreb.

w.

Beautiful! :jumping:

Any idea what I should pay these days for a nice IKOM 3rd Class star? I do see a couple advertised, but the seller is usually considered high-end in his pricing.

Congrats! :cheers:

Tim