News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Yugoslavian Partisan Stars

Tim,

the prices for YU award are still very volatile, especially these days.

I saw OPS3 (soviet made) sold at auction by Kersten Zeige (http://www.zeige.com/index2.html) for nett ?30. But this price is unusual low. :speechless:

Unfortunately I discovered this auction too late, they sold two nice documents. :banger:

I see YU made OPS3 now for $90 - $100 http://www.emedals.com or ?60 at http://www.numfil.ru (only for russian market).

I hope you will be able to buy it cheaper. :cheers:

w.

• Replies 344
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wlodzimierz,

Hi, yes seen those two and was hoping I might find them cheaper. I got lucky the other day getting a nice Albanian Partisan Star 1st Class for the same price. :jumping:

wlodzimierz,

Hi, yes seen those two and was hoping I might find them cheaper. I got lucky the other day getting a nice Albanian Partisan Star 1st Class for the same price. :jumping:

Cogratulation :cheers:

I like this order, very simple but with strong expressiveness :love:

w.

Hi,

Yes, but now I see the seller has listed another one using the same stock photos. My email last night questioning him on this and trying to get reassurances that my piece will in fact look the same (details/quality/etc.) has yet to be answered, but considering the time zone differences, schedules, ect, who knows. I will definately keep my eyes open on this one though!

At least he sent me new PICS that were not originally posted when I inquired on my star and those are the PICS being used now, so hopefully the star in the photo is the one I am getting. I hate it when sellers use stock photos though as it is fraudulent in my mind!! :angry:

Oh well, at least he responds to my emails. I have two other items I am (waiting on?). Both Yugoslavian hat badges and the seller has not acknowledged a single email until now. The listing stated the items were coming directly from Serbia but after winning both auctions, I find the seller is actually in the UK. So, after 5 days and 7 emails to the guy (a John Bathgate) requesting status, still nothing and ebay won't get involved until it reaches 10 days. :rolleyes: At least I can get my money back and we're talking less than $15. for both which is probably the issue for this ###### as he didn't make the money he probably expected. :blush:

Anybody heard of this guy? He has 100% positive feedback, not that it means anything these days.

Tim

Tim: I have bought numerous items from John Bathgate and have found him to be 100% reliable. He evidentially lives in the UK but the items are shipped from Serbia. It usually takes about 7 to 10 days for the packages to get to me in California. Regards, Gunner 1

Gunner,

Well, that is good news, sort of... Any idea why I would not hear from this guy at all? Never dealt with him prior to this and emailed him immediately post auction; not a word back.

Thanks!

Tim

Well the seller of the Albanian Star assures me that my star will be the same condition as the one in the photos as they are all in unissued condition, so that may be a bit of good news, wait to see it in hand, but he does seem decent! :cheers:

Tim

Tim - I have also bought from the seller on a few occassions and found him to be reliable. One item took an unusually long time to arrive and he refunded my money until it arrived. I don't think you will have any problems - just be patient since it is coming direct from Serbia.

Tim,

I?ve bought many items from John Bathgate and never had any problem. Shipping is really fast to Spain.

Once I email him telling that the person in change of packing in Serbia had forgotten a badge. He told me "I?m sorry, I?ll send it tomorrow morning. My mistake, I?m the one who does the packing." So, he lives in Serbia, and not in England, or maybe temporally.

I?ve seen other sellers who live in Serbia and have an Ebay address somewhere else. I guess it?s something to do with Paypal address.

Anyway, John Bathgate it?s a realible seller so far.

Best regards,

Dolfek.

Thanks everyone! :beer:

My concern deals mostly with the total lack of communications. I won the two items, sent a message requesting a total with combined shipping and then nothing. I usually pay immediately and held off until I heard back from him on a total, and after three days went ahead and paid shipping on both items to see if that would generate any reply, still nothing. Even tried his direct email address off Paypal and...you know the answer.

So, do you think maybe he might be on vacation, in the hospital, ??? Anyone heard anything? I don't want to trash the guy, heck he might be a good source for me, but I can't say I am impressed thus far with the service. He currently lists no more items for sale, so hopefully I didn't catch another seller that is quitting ebay and I'm left in limbo again. That is very tiring!

Thanks again, I'll let you know if they show up or ??

Tim

Edited by Tim B

Give him some time. I remember once last year, trying to get in contact with him, and no answer for a week. He didn?t have any more items for sale at that moment, so I thought exactly like you.

He answered me sometime later, I think he told me he was on holidays, maybe in England.laugh.gif

Regards,

Dolfek.

Well guys, I received an email from John today and he was traveling back & forth between Serbia and the U. K., has shipped the items and apologies for the lack of communications, so it looks like if might end well afterall! :cheers:

Thanks to all here for the encouraging words and info on this seller, it helped a lot!

Tim

I'll post the two when I get em.

:off topic: Well, I received the Albanian Star this morning and it is in fact the same Star as the one shown in previous post #154. Really nice! A very simple design and the star stands out quite bold against the gold. It's really massive too, not just in looks, but weight! I would venture a guess its heavier than the other stars by the Soviet Union or Yugoslavia but I haven't sat down and weighed it yet.

As I do not wish to take this thread any further off topic, I'll continuing comments on it over at the Albanian side. :cheers:

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Well, they are still out there, though some think they are worth their weight in gold! :speechless:

Tim

WOW, Tim :love: I'm speechless. Where did you get such image, or have made it yourself?

Like in Military Museum :D

I think too that Orders of Partisan Star is outstanding award in terms of design and expressiveness.

Thank you.

w

WOW, Tim :love: I'm speechless. Where did you get such image, or have made it yourself?

Like in Military Museum :D

I think too that Orders of Partisan Star is outstanding award in terms of design and expressiveness.

Thank you.

w

These are actually listed on ebay currently. The guy is trying to sell each one for US $120. or best offer. On another listing, he is selling the entire group. I think $120. is too expensive as you can get these off major dealer sites for less and the soviet made ones (which are better quality) as cheap as $40. if you look around.

Yes, the PIC is nice and I really would like one of these, but not for $120. :shame:

Tim

• 3 weeks later...

Well supposedly, I see where the seller claims to have sold one for $89. (I don't believe it though) and now lists only the group sale options (5 for $499. or 50 for $3,499.!!!) Guess he wants $100./ea uh?! :rolleyes: Still claims they are real silver content.

Anyway, got looking a bit closer at the photo and see something that raises a question for me. Note the serial numbers are the IKOM style badge, but the screw disks appear to be the Soviet style design. What's up with that?

Tim

Maybe not Soviet design as the PIC is not that good and I really can't tell.

This is more what I expect of the IKOM disc and you can see the differences in letter placements between this one and those in the group; there appear to be differences even among the group discs. Did they have variations to the disc styles?

Tim