News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Yugoslavian Partisan Stars

• Replies 344
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Anatoly!

Yes, I see that appears to be the case here. I was not aware of the different styles. Is there a reason or perhaps timeline that explains the differences (I/e: different period or manufacturer)? The one I show is in the same ballpark of serial numbers, so my guess is the timeline of manufacture is not a factor.

Tim

Edited by Tim B

Tim!

Manufacturer is the same - IKOM.

Different releases of orders in time were completed with different types of discs.

I have not found out harmonous system in that...

:lol: Yes, hard to understand sometimes; can only imagine what collectors 50 years from now will wonder or conclude on the issue then! :speechless: Thank you!

Do we have good clear closeup shots of the different styles anywhere?

Tim

• 5 weeks later...

I though this is IKOM's work...

It could be, but not "official" one. I've never seen (not even in catalogs) "officially" converted screw-back partisan stars to pin-backs (as was common with Bortherhood, Merit to the people or labor orders), and in all these cases "official" conversion was made with different pins and the quality of the work was far better. These scratches (even one arm of the star is abraded considerably) are in my opinion a sign of worksmanship of someone who has some experience (a "professional" pin which is not easily available), but not with orders and decorations - some village /small town juweler or even a locksmith.

• 3 weeks later...
    • 3 months later...