News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

ARAB MEDALS -- Jordan

Ed_Haynes

JORDAN Royal Household Order - the Order of Hashimi - the Order of King Abdullah II, the Order of the Jordanian Falcon in civil and military divisions, the Order of Sacrifice for distinguished military conduct, the King Abdullah II Honour for Charitable endeavours, a National Security Medal, Overseas Military Service Medal with some sixteen service bars, a Wound Badge and the King Abdullah II Accession Medal.

Source

http://www.jaffnaroyalfamily.org/contentfiles/Image/edition1_royal_families_worldwide_newsletter.pdfl.

Does anyone know if these decorations were actually instituted?

I know that Worth made proposals but, as far as I can see, none bar the King Abdallah II Medal of Excellence may have actually come into fruition.

Thanks

• 3 months later...
    • 11 months later...

James, Thanks for posting these images. The inscription on the collar reads in three links, right to left, "Qalada - Al Hussein - Bin Ali", (Collar of Al Hussein Bin Ali). The inscription on the breast badge "Al Hussein Bin Abdullah" or "Abdullah Bin Al Hussein" - I suspect the latter is correct as the order was founded by King Abdullah in June 1949. Beautiful work. Regards, Owain

James, Great picture - note the respective Queens wear their badges (stars) in different places - QEII in the traditional British manner whilst Queen Noor has it high on the sash - perhaps to avoid  damaging her dress. Owain

P.S King Hussein's miniatures would be a welcome addition to any collection.

• 1 year later...

Ilja's post 52 above 'deconstruct' appears to be a Bichay origin star of likely late 1960's vintage. Bichay made this insignia from the late 1950's-early 1960's up until the early 1980's, I believe.  Sometimes one finds Egyptian silver fineness marks on the primary and secondary star bursts, the 'ring' of stars, the reverse rondel bearing Bichay's name in Arabic , and the suspension ring for such pieces.   Not sure if Ilja's has these.  Some Egyptian silver export items do not have fineness marks.

• 10 months later...