News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 12 years later...

Hi all, interesting thread (For me) does anyone perhaps have a higher resolution (Readable) copy of this?

regards

Alex K

On 03/06/2007 at 17:28, Deruelle said:

I remember seeing all the awards of von Bismarck but where. This week end I find it. In an old review : INFO Nr. 54.

Regards

Christophe

post-176-1180884528.jpg

edit hi, don't quite know why it's decided to multiply itself! (edited by speedytop)

Edited by speedytop
    double pictures and text

1 hour ago, VtwinVince said:

I'd like to see the Iron Chancellor try and wear everything at once.

The mind boggles, actually I've noticed that any images of Bismarck wearing his decorations be that photographs or portrait paintings appear to be as rare as hen's teeth, (unless I'm on a different planet), the higher resolution copy list kindly posted by Speedytop shows an ordenspange, after much search I've located two images, one very poor where he is actually wearing one, they differ from the one on the list, quality is to poor for me to fully identify what's on them, anyone guess? In the two images I posted the medal bar appears to be the same, with at least 2 more medals

regards

489 copy.JPG

4552_klein2 800 copy.JPG

t.jpg

Untitled-1 copy.JPG

Edited by Alex K

Just a question out of curiosity about Bismarck.

I've read somewhere that although he was created Prince of Bismarck (inheritable by descendants) and Duke of Lauenburg (what the British would call a ''life peerage) he was bitterly disappointed that he wasn't given a territory to reign over as sovereign. Is there any truth in that?

3 hours ago, GdC26 said:

There is a book on Fürst Bismarck's awards: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Orden-Ehrenzeichen-Reichskanzlers-Fürst-Bismarck/dp/3937064087

Kind regards, 

Sandro

Thanks for the info, unfortunately a search seems to indicate that no-one has it available unfortunately.

whilst on the subject, looking through the list of decorations provided by speedytop, it lists "Tunisian House order" it's a bit vague, could this be the "Nishan ud-Dam - Husainid Family order" by any chance?

regards

Nishan ud-Dam - neck badge copy2.JPG

57 minutes ago, Alex K said:

Thanks for the info, unfortunately a search seems to indicate that no-one has it available unfortunately.

whilst on the subject, looking through the list of decorations provided by speedytop, it lists "Tunisian House order" it's a bit vague, could this be the "Nishan ud-Dam - Husainid Family order" by any chance?

regards

Nishan ud-Dam - neck badge copy2.JPG

(Actually) search and ye shall find .....https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/ShopBasket?ac=a&ik=17939375840&ir&clickid=TcuSXQV6xxyJUEWwUx0Mo3E1Uknx39XCBz6k0A0&cm_mmc=aff-_-ir-_-59145-_-212653&ref=imprad59145&afn_sr=impact 

Kind regards, 

Sandro

1 hour ago, GdC26 said:

Thank you, I did try them but I suspect it was the uk branch, it said no stock if memory serves me right

• 6 months later...

A quick google search of "Die Orden und Ehrenzeichen des Reichskanzlers Fürst Otto von Bismarck" brings up a lot of places where you can get it including Amazon. I'm in the US and it is not delivered here but depending on your location your Amazon or book provider might.

Edited by OvBacon

I totally get your point, David, but have to say I never had that problem in years... I'm soon to send him a big list of books I need once I have compared my library to his offerings.

By the way, has anybody seen the Grand Cross award document of the Order of Saint Marinus, offered at ratisbon's? That probably has to be an once in a life time chance for sure...

:o