News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

SOVIET RAILWAYS

RichieC

Mister meffert,

If you have the cap that goes with this set, it would be certainly interesting to see some shots of it... Perhaps the trousers also? ;)

Also, can and kindly will you show a few images of the inside of the Kitel, and perhaps an image of the underside of the shoulderboards also?

I just simply adore VOSO stuff! :love:

Choo-choo! :D

• Replies 93
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inside of which kitel and underside of which boards? I have a cap for the lieutenant which I'll dig out on the weekend. I wish I had a cap for the director but I do have his pants, nothing for the other kitel regretfully.

"Looking forward to seeing the cap. "

As requested...as well as in place on Yuri in our foyer. (I change out Yuri every couple of weeks. Wife says I'm playing with my dolls...cute.). For the purists, yes I know the M37 armband was superseded by the m43 tunic but I'm told the armband was occasionally still worn to denote the current station commander. Besides, it's beautiful and I want to see it several times a day as I walk past it.

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

My second addition to this thread:

Photos courtesy of collectrussia.com and used with their kind permission. :beer:

And yes... the nut is not correct.

Dan :cheers:

Edited by Hauptman

Guest Rick Research

Honor Badge for the completion of the 1st section of the Kiev Metro, issued by the city's Labor Soviet.Typical Sovspeak balther which basically says nothing: establishment of badge by them/award of badge by the/wear it with honor etc. Nothing that says WHO got it or WHY. 3) is which side it was to be worn on, but the grammar eludes me from my primitive Ukrainian-to-English and not vice versa dictionary.

Never seen this before, and most of my Soviet items came from Kiev, so possibly quite limited distribution. :rolleyes:

Guest Rick Research

Right. That's what I meant. Just the name, not title, no indication of "who" he was in relation to the subway building. A consultant? A civilian construction supervisor? Just a retired neighborhood guy who had ro put up with the noise? No clue. If it hadn't come IN Ed's group, we'd have no idea who Comrade Andreev had EVER been.

It has always struck me as very very odd-- dumb even-- that Soviet Orders Books, for instance, have absolutely NOTHING but the recipient's NAMES. No date and place of birth. NOTHING. At least the most basic of all personal data-- birth date and place, would never have changed, would always have been valid-- and would have immediately distinguished between a 60 year old and a 20 year old.

It always surprises me-- having started collecting German paperwork-- how LITTLE is revealed by Soviet paperwork like this.

The award booklet itself does not state whether it was given for WORK on the subway-- or just for standing there through the opening of service speeches.

Agggh.

• 1 month later...