News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1957 Knight's Crosses

• Replies 90
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a late version, one piece, painted core. Probably 1970 or later.

[attachmentid=36070]

The Ritterkreuz is a three piece construction with non magnetic core. Where there one piece RKs made by Steinhauer & L?ck?

Hardy

Edited by Naxos

Here's a close up of your medal and mine, notice the difference in the texture of the frame, yours resembles a frame that might have been cast. Also look at how the paint seems to go up the side of the frame, another point to a later medal is the lack of attention to the inside of the suspension ring at the top of the frame.

Edited by Laurence Strong

Hello

Here are my two. They have been shown elsewhere on this forum as well. First an early S&L, unfinished eye and 'flaws' to the beading. Magnetic core, marked 800 on the rear upper rim and on the ribbon loop.

Edited by DavidM

• 5 months later...
    Guest Darrell

Here's mine. A Cased early '57 made out of the original dies (complete with die flaws and dent row). This one atrtributed to RK Holder Hermann Lang (09/30/44).