News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gentlemen,

Here is a photo of the EK II that I rehabilitated (and posted earlier today) along with a Hindenburg Cross and a ribbon bar from that period. I don't have a lot of knowledge of Imperial German medals so I hope the term Hindenburg Cross is correct. Both came without ribbons so I have "mounted" them in a rather "British" fashon as I do not know how to imitate the German style. If there is a web site that would give me intstructions on the corect way to mount German medals please let me know and I will remount them. I have included a ribbon bar that I think would be correct for that period. It has seen better days but then so have I. ;)

Cheers

Brian

Hindenburg Cross is one of the common names for this award. It's also known as the Cross of Honour or Ehrenkreuz des Weltkrieg (World War Honour Cross). It is perfectly alright to leave the ribbons like this. I wouldn't mount the medals if I were you. However, if you are determined to do so, you should study original medal bars to see how the tailors of the time did it. I think you ought to leave this as they are and wait until a period-mounted pair turns up. Mounted pairs are reasonably priced.

PK

Hindenburg Cross is one of the common names for this award. It's also known as the Cross of Honour or Ehrenkreuz des Weltkrieg (World War Honour Cross). It is perfectly alright to leave the ribbons like this. I wouldn't mount the medals if I were you. However, if you are determined to do so, you should study original medal bars to see how the tailors of the time did it. I think you ought to leave this as they are and wait until a period-mounted pair turns up. Mounted pairs are reasonably priced.

PK

Hi PK,

Thanks, I think I will do just that.

Cheers

Brian