News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some Imperial smoking items...

I was reading "Education before Verdun" today and there was mentioned a Christmas 1915 gift to the men before Verdun from the Crown Prince. The author says it was a black lacquered cigarette case with a picture of the Crown Prince and a dedication on the back to the soldiers of the V Armee. Has anyone seen one of these? I am familiar with the other smoking gift from the prince to the V Armee, which consisted of a leather tobacco pouch with gold embossed cypher of the prince, and porcelain pipe with a picture of the prince and a similar dedication, but don't recall having seen the cigarette case.

Chip

• 2 months later...
    • Replies 110
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note that the Prussian eagle is stood on his head. We can assume safely that this is not German but Allied instead. :lol:

I have over 50 "Imperial" lighters and vestas, but most are English and French, etc. Should I put those into a separate thread?

• 4 weeks later...
    • 10 months later...

And other things.

I don't know exactly what it is (but it's probably civil) and it's made with boar fur. If you have an idea...

Large diameter : 9 cm

Cockade diameter : 2 cm

reservistejger12004nj9.jpg

reservistejger12011wf3.jpg

reservistejger12014hv0.jpg

And other things.

I don't know exactly what it is (but it's probably civil) and it's made with boar fur. If you have an idea...

Large diameter : 9 cm

Cockade diameter : 2 cm

reservistejger12004nj9.jpg

reservistejger12011wf3.jpg

reservistejger12014hv0.jpg

Looks like something a Forester would wear.

Hello

As a pipe smoker I often wonder if these are fun to smoke or if it is mainly for show :-)

I can't reply you because I've never tried. But perhaps it can be a new experience :D

Looks like something a Forester would wear.

I think so...

Thanks for your answers ;)

Steph

• 4 years later...