News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ek2 mm109, Ever Seen One?

There seem to be lots of unmarked ek2 in Walter&Henline packets being offered for sale, but I have never seen a marked one. Have any of you gents? Thank you all. Charles

Hi Charles:

I have only seen marked packets so far, no marked cross's to date . However If you look at the cross's that come with the packet they are different. First they have a hump frame which many will think are mm#100's but I don't think so, althought

they share some common frame traits, such as close smaller beading and some but "not all" have what appears to be a rhodium silver finish to the outer frame with many varing degrees of finish remaining. I feel we need to get more data on this cross. It could be that the maker never marked his cross.

Hi all,

I just bought from Detlev a matched set of packet and EK '109'. When it (they) arrives I will post it here for discussion. Unmarked ring.

Robert

I shall try to post pictures of my set also. I have seen several that match mine exactly, rim and core, all with unmarked ring. Charles.

You're right Steve,

Matching cross to packet means nothing. The worse thing that can happen is I have one more unmarked EKII and another '109' packet. On a cross that is said to have never been stamped, like these '109's, about the only way of knowing they match is to get it from a vet. We'll see if someone posts a cross that came in a '109' packet here. I have an '86' Paulmann & Crone that came directly from the vet himself with packet. I figure I have about as close to a matched original as it comes. I heard Paulmann & Crone never marked their EKII either.

Robert

Micha,

No, it is not the usual Souval marked cross. I have plenty of those. The '86' has got to be one of the 'ugliest' of all EKII's, small swasi, poorly designed beading, etc., but still an original. I'll hunt for some photos I have stuck away on disc and post here.

Robert

Edited by robert pierce

Here is the framed grouping. As you can see the cross itself has a nice shine to the frame still. The core is a flat black like a typical '65'. All of his awards are included here, and are registered in his Wehrpass. The IAB is the SHuCo design (unmarked) with the 4-stemmed cross-hatching, and neither the Ostmedaille or BWB are marked. Nothing he was awarded was maker marked.

This IS the cross that came in the packet, as the vet himself received it during the war. I believe this sets absolute match-up between cross and packet, thus an original '86' EKII.

Robert

Edited by robert pierce

Thank you Charles,

I've been beating my head up against the wall on another forum in an effort for the members to accept this set. You're the first one to even give comment on it. Thank you. I personally don't know of any better way to authenticate a set than from the veteran himself. And of course, other sets received in the similar fashion would greatly confirm this. I know of only one other original packet from Paulmann & Crone to be in existance, referring to the other forum I belong to. Perhaps more here would volunteer photos of their packets. And, if I'm getting WAY off topic, please forgive me. I'm just thrilled to see others interested in this '86' set! Perhaps I should start another thread just for this.

Robert

Thank you again Charles,

This vet, Willie Lang, was assigned to the 469th Infantry Reg. from 1939-1943 in Denmark and France. From 1943 to 1945 he served with the 15th and 35th Panzerregiments in Russia, Charkow. The German grouping is my first, and is extremely interesting to me. I only wish he had his uniform and more to offer at the time, but I'm happy to have rescued this in one piece.

Robert

Edited by robert pierce