News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Soviet military toys

Takc

I saw you were discussing a soviet plaque... interesting.

And I want to offer to you to discuss another very interesting topic - soviet military toys.

I'll start from two plastic helmets. This summer I got third, but have no pictures of it.

These two were in my collection for two years, and now one of them is owned by a son of my very good friend (see admiral's visor caps topic, the boy which is there is that namely happy owner of one of these helmets).

Third helmet is of a bigger size and has no star and liner.

Hi Takc

What is the helemet with the big star on, I dont recornise that one :unsure:

Order of Victory

Had I seen it without the red star I'd have thought it was a French WW1 helmet! Confusing indeed! Do tell please!

Jim

The helmet is a belgian one, and the star applied is fake, but this done to reproduce the soviet helmet, which soviet army used untill 1936 when a new model was adopted.

Initially imperial russian army used a number of helmets, purchased in France, differing from french helmets by khaki colour and double-headed eagle emblem on the front side. Later they were re-captured and issued to soviet troops. At those times, they produced a thin steel or thin brass big red-enameled star emblem for helmets. Nowadays the Adrian M15 helmets both with eagle or with a star are a huge rarity, and completely unable to find, especially the adrian helmet red star. I know that Denis R has one original star, and maybe he will be kind to show it to us someday.

Untill I am not so rich, I hold this mixed up helmet. Repro star is about 30 dollars now, and belgian helmet was a gift from a friend.

The second type of helmets russian army used was Sohlberg M17, purchased at Solberg factory, a so called Russian M17 helmet.

looks very funny at the head of an adult man

...and it makes you appear more handsome than ever Takc, along with that cigarette that dangles from your mouth... :D

Some toys of mine. I have a soft spot for this stuff and would post my Fisher-Price collection if it would comply with the topic at hand. :P

That guards tank is nice Richie, from Sevastopol?

I got it from a guy in Kiev a few years ago via ebay. Its a pretty cool thing and larger than it appears in the photo. About 30 CM long not including the barrel. The friction motor still works also.