News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EL SALVADOR

• Replies 62
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the infos

With these new ribbons I can update and corrige my ribbons sheets

Muchas gracias por esta nueva informaci?n que me ayudar? a corregir y actualizar mis l?minas de cintas

Antonio,

this is the ribbon bar for the Fighter's medal,

Edited by Humberto Corado

Very nice, Antonio.

Humberto has sent me some pictures, so I think it will be El Salvador for September's country of the month!

Quick question: do the 'ribbon bars' like the Fighter one ONLY come as metal & enamel or is there a cloth (ribbon) version as well?

Very nice, Antonio.

Humberto has sent me some pictures, so I think it will be El Salvador for September's country of the month!

Quick question: do the 'ribbon bars' like the Fighter one ONLY come as metal & enamel or is there a cloth (ribbon) version as well?

Megan,

all the bars of my country comes only in metal ( 35 mm). at least for the armed forces I have never seen any cloth version (the national orders are civilian so they do not have ribbon bars) . the only ones that are used in cloth are bars of foreing decorations awarded to officers of my country.

for example, in the next image, the first ribbon from left is a decoration from Venezuela, next a decoration from Taiwan, both in cloth and the last one is the Fighter bar, in metal.

Humberto-you mean medals are worn chronologically? Why don't El Salvadoran medals go first?

Jeff,

you are correct, the medals are worn chronologically, it has always been that way. however some officers do not follow the regulations and they use the medals in incorrect form

Do police officers wear ribbons on their uniforms? Are those metal as well?

I'm going to have to derive a new way of illustrating ribbon bars if there are no cloth ones. Eeek!

Megan,

yes, the police use ribbon bars too and comes in metal.

Very well done Antonio! perhaps you want to add this national order:

"Orden del libertador de los esclavos Jose Simeon Ca?as" this is the second order in importance, just behind the orden Jose Matias Delgado.

Collar

• 11 months later...
    • 2 years later...
    • 7 years later...