News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

You don't really hear much about the quality or attractiveness of the early BSW Pilot Badges. These early examples are finished beautifully and stand up well to their bretheren when it comes to detail IMO. Let's give the BSW Pilot its due - Post yours!

ERIC

Good morning, Eric.

Not the best ?war-face? produced, and my least favourite pilot?s badge, but construction and finish on their early badges certainly was very well done.

As far as ?unappreciated? is concerned?.I wonder (apart from its looks) if collectors shy away from ?BSW? due to the fact that their pilot?s badge is probably the most faked/copied badge found in the market?

Anyway, to compliment your superb fully maker marked example?the ?clover?

Great badges John - love the Glider Pilots! You're probably right when you say that people tend to shy away from BSW because of the fact that this manufacturer is highly reproduced. I go along with that, but ugly? Yeah, so she's got a bit of a schnoz and crooked toes. So does my sister-in-law, but I love her too! :cheeky:

ERIC

I go along with that, but ugly? Yeah, so she's got a bit of a schnoz and crooked toes. So does my sister-in-law, but I love her too! :cheeky:

Hey, "Got a bit of a schnoz and crooked toes".... that sound like me!! (although I've only got nine toes. Don't ask, it's a long story)... We must be related!

:cheers:

Great badges guys! Love :love: the P/O Larry! It's very much appreciated on this end! @ Mark - yes, I've noticed that myself. My example has the "AG" while Jan's full name example has it missing. What would the "AG" be in reference to?

ERIC

Hi Eric,

I'm sure someone will provide the exact translation, but I believe it is indicitive of a corporation, or company licensing. Business related.

Regards,

Mark

But was this makermark part of the die, or hand applied?

Indeed, a very nice P/O.

"AG" = Aktiengesellschaft. Translates to "stock corporation." In Germany, all publicly traded companies are AG's, but not all AG's are publicly traded. AG's have two sets of boards -- the Vorstand, which usually consists of the CEO, CFO and other top management, and an Aufsichtsrat, which translates to "supervisory board," which has the function of overseeing management and representing the shareholders.

I'm not sure how this relates to the two maker marks, perhaps before and after the company went public?