News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Blockade Runner opinions please.

Hi Sal smile.gif

That's a strange looking mini. Apart from the "pelican's" head, the rest is almost identical to the regular size. I don't have this mini (swapped it sad.gif ) but it's interesting to see the images in Messing's book. On the regular size there are three rows of windows with borders. The 25mm has the two top rows without borders, whereas the 16mm has three rows, also without borders.

KR

Peter

Sal,

I agree with your own diagnosis. Badge itself is OK. The mini is unlike any real one I've ever seen. Wierdest looking head to the eagle. The case could be a real one which has had the base insert replaced. Overall its not a good set.

Hi Gordon,

If I can take a close up of the button and pin on the case you will be able to see that it isn't good either. I will try to get a good close up pic.

Best, Sal

I replied yesterday Sal, but as the forum went down all my posts have gone missing along with all the others whom posted.

I'm not overly keen on the outer covering on this example, the inside looks fair, but I'd heed caution on this one and I'm more than dubious.

I need a frontal catch pic.

Well Sal, to be honest this catch dosen't conform to the usual fake catch, it's a broad stem and has a rounded head..which to all intents and purpose's is a very good sign.

If by chance this is a good case, thats a different outer covering you have there to several known and what I own examples !!

It's a shame about the scuffing, it almost looks intentionaly done ? Who knows though ?

Have you tried with care, to lift up the base, just the upper portion of the insert.....I wonder if this could be a KB box, it can't be a D&B they use an inset for other boxes as a stand insert in these boxes.

Kr

Marcus

Well Sal, to be honest this catch dosen't conform to the usual fake catch, it's a broad stem and has a rounded head..which to all intents and purpose's is a very good sign.

If by chance this is a good case, thats a different outer covering you have there to several known and what I own examples !!

It's a shame about the scuffing, it almost looks intentionaly done ? Who knows though ?

Have you tried with care, to lift up the base, just the upper portion of the insert.....I wonder if this could be a KB box, it can't be a D&B they use an inset for other boxes as a stand insert in these boxes.

Kr

Marcus

Glued down super tight, not a hint of lifting even with a pretty hard pull. The scuffing looks ENTIRELY purpously done in person!

Edited by Sal Williams

You can do better for your money Sal, it's an odd one this box.....I've been looking and looking at this darn thing, I can't honestly say with conviction either way on it. Stick with your Spanish Crosses mate.

Are your intentions to return it ?

Send Sam my love, and I'm already saving up for next year wink.gif it's going to be a DK next year I think ! In silver touch wood and cross fingers and legs.

Kr

Marcus

Edited by Marcus H

Hi Sal,

The badge and mini have already been covered but the case is a curiosity. I agree that the lower insert looks strange. What has not been mentioned is the upper insert. I have a repro case at home that has a stiff foam "padding" behind the silk. If you use you fingernail to scratch the foam, it WILL NOT spreing back into place. On genuine cases, the padding for the upper insert is usually made of a soft "spongy" material (eg old cotton wadding) that will spring back. I don't like the looks of the effects of scratching the upper insert on this case from your image.

Regards

Mike K

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike, it does spring back, and there is s section of the cloth thats torn and you can see a white cottony material behind it. The scratches all over the case look purposly done unless someone cleaned it with some horribly abrasive sponge or something. looks more like it was done with fine grit sandpaper.

Thanks, Sal

(and thanks for your opinion on the unknown pilots bage too wink.gif )