News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 282
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick Research

Ooooooooooo! Combat Russian Front Firemen!!! OLD Firemen. Oooooooooooooo. Firemen who were Fireboys in the First War and thus apparently racked up enough decades long service and yet missed the First Big One in their youth before being sent off for old gray haired EK2s in the Second Big One.

Oooooooooo.

I especially like the Prussian Weimar era one for 25+ years apparently attempting to pass as an NS10.

Oooooooooo.

Guest Rick Research

Ah, that's not a fake, that's just a tabby that's been monkeyed with.

WHY can't nitwits keep their paws off of things?????? :speechless::speechless::speechless:

Guest Rick Research

That could be a legit M1957 to an old vet... I'm not sure if what is supposed to be a KVK1X would be in front of an EK2 with Spange though. Otherwise, actually looks OK-- though one would have to wonder WHAT a no long services fellow in his 60s was WEARING this on!!!!!!!

ummmmm, Two (2) KVK2wX on same bar?

'39 EK Ribbon in first

'39 KVK2wX

'14 EK (with what device)???

Really???

Been drinking tonight??

Really?

Isn't the first one a post-war Bundeverdienstkreuz? Note that it's gold, not white on there.

(Not that the above observation does anything to reduce the oddness of that bar, however.)

I think we should open a new thread "What constitutes a 1957 fake?".

The above bar is very interesting. Normally, 1957 bars have the wider 25mm ribbons, but the early models used old ribbons. This one would be perfectly in line with 1957 regulations IF there were the correct devices on the first three ribbons:

#1: Federal merit cross 1ST CLASS device. Without device, this is the 2nd class, and should go behind EK1 and KVK1.

#2: KVK 1ST CLASS device. With only swords, again 2nd class, and much more behind. The second KVK ribbon is in the correct place.

#3: EK 2ND CLASS with Spange. This is the EK1 w/ Spange device, and would go before all 2nd class decorations.

Everything else is ok: Wound badge, then Hindenburg, KVK2, East Medal, then foreign.

Good observations webr... that makes it possible as the first ribbon is indeed gold.... Now, if this was a tab-back, which I suspect it is... one could correct it. But then we have a very odd Model '57. What this doesn't change though is the double KVK.... Unless... we were to accept it as an extremely unusual use of swords to denote the 1. klasse kreuz.