News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

It just tries TOO hard, with TOO much...

1) an NSDAP uniformed functionary:

OK, there ARE NS long services out there which never had the pointless device for each class cross BUT they are almost always on there. NO device is rather suspicious here when combined with the other questions below.

2) Italian War Cross:

what, no North Africa medal?

3) Croatian war ribbon with swords:

surely this--in that spot--is not meant as a legendary Volkspflege-X?????

4) Rumanian pair:

so, he WAS supposed to have been in the East 1941-42... so when was it he earned #2?

5) No backing cloth:

not unheard of, but unusual. That's LOTS of unusual/unlikely alllllll on one bar.

Looks to me like one of the extremely recent frauds made using the newly retailed out old original backings, and very possibly old original ribbon stock--

but the workmanship "style" is not right

because they ALWAYS want these to be TOO exotic... and then can't quite carry off the supposed story it should tell about a "real" wearer.

• Replies 282
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick Research

I'd be worried too-- that is waaaaay too many different German states for a mere no long service NCO to have miraculously received.

Have you blacklighted the ribbons?

Are we now dealing with original backings AND original ribbon stock being mixed in a "Super Fake" generation that can ONLY be detected by its Hollywood excesses and lack of normal backings?

So far, the new "Ohio-style" mass producer of these seems seriously limited in the DEVICES available to him for monkey business.

Too many ribbons and not enough of the "usual" devices may be this one's trademark.

To you the "honour" of naming this particular type of fake from where you got yours.

We've got

Ohio

Sweden

Hesse

Parts Fraudmeisters

where'd THESE come from?

1) The ribbons do not glow. They must be old stock.

2) The construction is not easily detectable as fake. And the faker must know something about ribbon combinations, having both Finnish medals together in the correct way.

3) These things come from a seller in VIENNA. They are apparently not sold in masses, MAYBE the seller gets them from somewhere else and doesn't know they're fakes.

Guest Rick Research

"MAYBE the seller gets them from somewhere else and doesn't know they're fakes."

Ho :cheeky: ho :cheeky: ho :cheeky: ha :cheeky: ha :cheeky: ha :cheeky: like nobody's every used THAT story before!!!!! :cheeky:

Well, we're on to the Viennese Sausage Maker NOW. :beer:

I have a large plastic bag full of these. Same stitching and all original, old stock ribbons. A few had white thread and the white glowed like crazy. I'm going to dump them as fakes. Mine came from Germany about 18 months ago.

I have a large plastic bag full of these. Same stitching and all original, old stock ribbons. A few had white thread and the white glowed like crazy. I'm going to dump them as fakes. Mine came from Germany about 18 months ago.

Hey, before you dump them, could you post one or two?

Don't recognize that stitch patter being similar to the earlier one?

Perhaps this will help :blush::speechless1:

Mine (post 177-178) is slightly different. Construction looks the same, but nothing glows, neither front nor back threads.

• 2 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

The rotten fruit doesn't fall far from the tree... same old same old SAME old.

This is the scan which started this Regular Feature, post #1:

[attachmentid=33598]

Same seller, same Frankenstein wrongwrongwrongWRONG crap on offer TODAY:

[attachmentid=33599]

Yes folks, it's Hesse On The Ohio once again. :speechless: