News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 282
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think of this one? '57 fakes are always difficult, of course.

This is supposed to be a Bundeswehr officer. The combination is possible, yes, but still... Finland, Bulgaria, Kreta and the Eastern front... so many devices?

Guest Rick Research

Wouldn't the Bundesverdienst Orden come before all Iron Crosses, or did it vary by specific classes?

What that '57 group says to me is:

Mountain troops. The Bulgarian award goes nicely with Crete (see period photos of Julius Ringel etc etc, having come down through Greece earlier in '41), and the Finnish one... XX. Gebirgsarmee. The classes of awards are consistent with a wartime Lieutenant, though I don't know what the last ribbon is. ???

Ok, so this bar is probably ok. I was just surprised by the many devices. This is the Bundesverdienstorden 2nd cl, which at least by some recipients was worn behind the EK1, but before the EK2.

The last ribbon is the Dutch Nijmegen march, can be found in many Bundeswehr groups.

Wouldn't the Bundesverdienst Orden come before all Iron Crosses, or did it vary by specific classes?

Mountain troops. The Bulgarian award goes nicely with Crete (see period photos of Julius Ringel etc etc, having come down through Greece earlier in '41), and the Finnish one... XX. Gebirgsarmee. The classes of awards are consistent with a wartime Lieutenant, though I don't know what the last ribbon is. ???

In my eyes the 57er bar is ok, but what makes me a bit nervous is that something like a REAL order (Bulgaria) comes AFTER something like a sports award and a swimming badge - foreign award or not, I would have put this one and the finish award in front of the "non-military" german awards... but the 57er ribbon bars are not far away from the legendary "Weimar madness"... :P;) nearly everything goes...

Hi Rick,

The last ribbon is for the "Auszeichnung des 4-Tage Marsches von Nimwegen (Niederlande)" (see link of our friend and collector Jens http://www.rkwetterau.de/html/hauptteil_ausland_oez.html )

Ciao,

Claudio

• 2 weeks later...