News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 3 years later...

Don, I welcome! Why these signs are considered as fantasy? There are any data? Enamel? Fastening? The material from which is made a sign? Thankful in advance.Best regards Sergey.

Edited by srn

• 2 weeks later...

The badge certainly existed without the Swastika & the are many pictures of it in wear, however none of them so far have ever shown the version with the Swastika.

Also from what I understand, the Red Cross Organisation would never allow the Swastika to be placed directly on the red cross symbol. If you check the various DRK badges, the Swaz is alway on the eagle, never the red cross. The Red Cross Organisation had a fair amount of influence over Hitler, as I seem to recal that the reason that the Social Welfare award was introduced was because the Red Cross were upset that Hilter was awarding the DRK awards to so many people it felt should not have received it.

These badges with the Swaz (shown above) are believed to have been made by Floch in Austria in the 1970's.

Cheers

Don

The badge certainly existed without the Swastika & the are many pictures of it in wear, however none of them so far have ever shown the version with the Swastika.

Don, I welcome! Where it is possible to look at similar signs without a swastika? As an example. Thankful in advance.

Hi Sergey,

I have seen the badges in museums in Germany & Austia. Unfortunately I did not take photos of them, however here is a similar badge that was offered for sale some time ago which was listed as war time. As you can see it is similar but not exactly the same. I will see if I can find anymore pictures.

Also there is a period poster which shows the badge, but again not exactly the same.

Cheers

Don

post-116-066733900 1294302951_thumb.jpg

post-116-066006200 1294302959_thumb.jpg

Don,

Thanks for your comments. This has certainly been a contoversial piece over the years. This is the first good explanation if the badge with the swastika that I have seen. I don't remember ever seeing a picture of the badge in wear before and thanks to Roman for that. Interesting that the badge without the swastika does not show up in Angolia's book "In The Service of the Reich" although I must admit his book does not give an in depth coverage of the DRK.

Regards,

Gordon