News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1914 EKII MM Wilm

Congratulations - a nice looking cross.

As a matter of interest it was a humble WILM EK2 purchased for an ungodly sum on ebay that first generated my interest in collecting - and subsequently began my entire collecting career... although mine has a different core.

As a result, it is one of the few pieces in my collection that I will never sell.

Here is WILM's website address... http://www.mark-wilm.de

Marshall

Gordon,

Thank you as well for your reply. Interesting to note that the Company is still in existence. Seeing that alot of the mystique in collecting these, is trying to understand whom the ever so many unknown manufacturers were.

Kind Regards,

Joel

Marshall,

Thank you as well my friend! I was noticing what tell-tale features distinguish this Manufacturer from the others that I own and it seems that the detail to the oak leaves on the reverse, even compared to my Wagner und Sohne, are crisper and slightly different. You mentioned that your's has a different core? You know what that means? It means that it would be ok to justify further expenditure on obtaining more to add to my collection for research sake. (Disclaimer to my Wife) LOL!

Thank you for the link!

Regards,

Joel

Beautyful EK,Joel! I'm shure that I've got both core variations in my collection-And who knows how many undiscovered ones are out there.......I haven't been hunting the 2nd class for a while,but after looking at this beauty I look out for them again!

Micha

That's a nice cross with the real dark look to it. I have a couple of EK2's on the way and I'm pretty sure one is a Wilm. I'm not totally sure but part of the fun will be to check it out when it shows. I'll add all crosses to my collection posting when they arrive.

I can't wait to get them! Looks to be a K a Wilm and an 800 marked piece. Pictures can only tell so much, youreally don't know how good tehy are till you hold them yourself. I picked up nice HBG 1st class last week. I'll post some pics later tonight when i get home.

Biro,

I must commend you on a beautiful Cross! Look at that strike on the ring as well! The major difference on what I'm seeing is in the Crowns are unique to each of the cores. It's early are there any other differences I'm overlooking?

Regards,

Joel

Edited by buellmeister

• 2 weeks later...