News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mongolia in March 2007

While this may only occasionally touch on militaria, I thought it might be interesting, for those who have never had the chance to visit Mongolia, for me to post some ongoing images from my March 2007 visit. I was in Ulanbaatar last summer, and Mongolia is surely a different place in the summer than it is in March. Today's high temperature is expected to be -12? (9? F) and the low -26? (-15? F).

Here is sunrise over Ulanbaatar, 10 March.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

• Replies 108
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ed,

Nice pics taken from you hotel room (I guess... :rolleyes: ). Please, post more; Mongolia is a place I definitely need to go!!!!!

Enjoy your stay there and come back soon with hundreds (thousands ?) of awards, badges, docs, stories to tell us!!!

Cheers.

Ch.

Nice pics taken from you hotel room (I guess... :rolleyes: ).

Christophe: Yes, from the hotel room. (The Bayangol, if anyone is interested. Closest to the [plastic] "Irish Pub", Jan :cheers:) The building right in front of posts 1 and 3 is the Children's Palace, the subject of a number of badges, and one of the cherished creations of Tsedenbal's wife.

Today, the Mongolian Military Museum.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Other exterior exhibits were "gone". You may use your imagination?

Next: Some "heavy medals" at the Mongolian Museum of History. (Had been there before -- with Jan -- but neglected to pay the high and silly camera fee. Went back, paid it, and again passed quickly by the pre-revolutionary stuff to get to the core items.)

Don't think IDs are needed?

Edited by Ed_Haynes

OK, a couple more before I collapse of jet-lag . . .

Still at the historcal museum, some clothing. Choibalsan's overcoat in the center. While it LOOKS like what we see on Battushig's p. 20, it shows no signs of having had any awards (no holes, punctures, etc.).

Said to be Tsedendorj's own Order of Literacy (not "Literary") Merit Order (not "Medal").

Ed,

:jumping: GREAT pics!!! :jumping: Please keep 'em coming!!! The Order of Literacy Merit seems to have part of the pattern of the Order of the Polar Star. What is the significance of this design?

:beer: Doc