News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mongolia in March 2007

Guest Darrell

Just back from a trip outside UB, a general shot to give you an idea what the country looks like.

This is exactly what SW Alberta Canada looks like .... :cheers:

• Replies 108
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to travel some more ... :unsure:

I thank you very much for taking the time to put some pictures from Ulan Bator. Mongolia is still in my "to do list" when I'll combined it with the Transiberia!

I wish I could just finish my studies right now and travel for a long time.

Cool! Whatever it is, I'm sure it's great stuff. So you mailed the pieces you bought to yourself from UB instead of in your luggage...smart idea. I suppose the Mongol authorities are starting to not look too kindly on this sort of trade.

As it arrives, it will go up. Taking things out is very unwise. Some items are still in negotiation too.

Cool! Whatever it is, I'm sure it's great stuff. So you mailed the pieces you bought to yourself from UB instead of in your luggage...smart idea. I suppose the Mongol authorities are starting to not look too kindly on this sort of trade.

Not clear what the real law/policy is, but it is better not to let customs official get confused and have to make unilateral decisions. Guess this is true in any country?

After the recent murder for collection episode, I couldn't blame them for getting concerned.

What joy, or lack thereof, r.e. the Archives opening up for research?

It is only a matter of The Researcher finding the time and an assistant who can read both scripts for Mongolian to start sorting things and assessing the magnitude of the chaos. Still politically tricky but, maybe, fall. Maybe. Cross fingers.

This forum will be among the first to know.