News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bandiana (Victoria) Ordnance Museum

• Replies 51
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A plaque in the gardens outside the museum commemorating the local Battalion, 'Albury's Own', and Albury is the twin town to Wodonga, one on each side of the Murray River, with Albury being on the New South Wales side (the river is the state border).

Guest Rick Research

What a magnificent museum! It would do any NATIONAL COLLECTION proud--and most of 'em more than one better! And from the captions I can read, with detailed and personal explanations, a far better educational set up than anyplace I've been to.

Terrific to see, and the next time you stop there, pass on admiration and regards from the far side of the globe grand-nephew of a 1918 fatality S.A. 50 Bn AIF Digger for a job extraordinarily well done indeed! :cheers:

Many thanks for the comments Rick, and I most certainly will pass on your comments next time I go up there, it is a bit off the beaten track but well worth the effort to see the great stuff on display.

Bob

Glad the pix were enjoyed, Riley I think there was more Medical stuff there, can't remember now, but there was a heap I never managed to take photos of as the battery in the camera was starting to die, worked ok outside, but using the flash was causing it to have a heart attack, wifey had used up a fair bit with photos of the grandkids and I never recharged them before we left to come home, will be better prepared next time I visit the place! (she is most inconsiderate knowing that I wanted to use the camera... :rolleyes: )

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Here is one of my favourite veh-hi-cles, the venerable old Bren Carrier. These were produced here in Australia, under license I believe, and proved effective in the close country in the Pacific islands. This particular model was used in the highly mobile warfare of North Africa for anti-tank duties and strong-point assaults.

Regards;

Johnsy

Here is one of my favourite veh-hi-cles, the venerable old Bren Carrier. These were produced here in Australia, under license I believe, and proved effective in the close country in the Pacific islands. This particular model was used in the highly mobile warfare of North Africa for anti-tank duties and strong-point assaults.

Regards; Johnsy

Err...... it sure dont look 88mm proof :speechless1::speechless1: whats that mounted to the rear a 2 pounder pop-gun?

Kevin in Deva :cheers:

Err...... it sure dont look 88mm proof :speechless1::speechless1: whats that mounted to the rear a 2 pounder pop-gun?

Kevin in Deva :cheers:

Well...no, but I don't think that Tigers were even on paper when this was first used. This was an early measure to give mobility to the 2 pounder to cope with the demands of desert warfare.

Regards;

Johnsy