News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My DDR awards collection

• Replies 276
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Grant,

Terrific new additions! :jumping::jumping: LOVE :love: the bar!!!! And it's once again got my favorite leading the pack. Love the postal medals too... it's the first I've seen in those earlier cases... generally they're in the plastic ones. Sorry I missed them but hopefully I'll get a set at some point. :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Cased Sports badge in Bronze with cloth badge and stickpin .

Hi Grant,

Love your service medal. :love: I've had one for a few years now. Just wish it would fit in the base of the case a bit better. Does yours fit snug or loose out of curiosity? :unsure:

Absolutely love your Sports Badge set. :jumping::jumping::love: Generally you just find the standard size ones and sometimes the minis... I've only seen one or two of the cloth. But I've "never" seen a cased set not to mention one as complete as this.

You must have some terrific sources over there because nothing this complete ever seems to turn up over here. Congratulations on a great find! Only way it could have been a bit better is if it came with the original award document.

Keep up the great work my friend! :beer:

Hello Dan ,

The service medal fits snug , but it looks like it was made yesterday !

As for the Sports badge i just keep my eyes on Ebay here in the UK and Germany , it,s a pity the exchange rate is clobbering you guys over the pond .

Cheers

Grant

Hello Dan ,

The service medal fits snug , but it looks like it was made yesterday !

As for the Sports badge i just keep my eyes on Ebay here in the UK and Germany , it,s a pity the exchange rate is clobbering you guys over the pond .

Cheers

Grant

Hi Grant,

Hmmm, guess it varied by maker or something. But mine also looks like brand new. Just new stocks that were never given out I'm sure... like so much of the DDR militaria.

Well, the rates aren't helping much but often it's just a case of not finding the same type of material over here. I don't know why it is but as an example those medals with the short ribbons... various types, organizations, etc., like the Reichbahn medals, medal medals, etc., I see tons of them in the UK and over in Germany. But here... few and far between. At least on Ebay. Just one of those things I guess.

And now with the international rates going up it's going to be harder for ya'll to get things from over here. Basically as of May 14th the rates go up with Global Priority going from around $4 to $6 to $11! Then Global Express which was $26 as a base rate is going up to $40 for the base rate!!!! :speechless1: I think it's insanity! No idea how folks will be able to afford it.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 4 weeks later...

I have not seen to many of the 30 years of the National Volks Army medals around!! They are attractive! Is this a Juiblee medal? Did everyone in the military get one?

Hi Paul ,

The medal was to commemerate 30 years of the National Volks Armee , i presume everyone in the military got one at the time but they are tough to find for some odd reason a bit like the 20 years of the kampfgruppen .

Hi Paul ,

The medal was to commemerate 30 years of the National Volks Armee , i presume everyone in the military got one at the time but they are tough to find for some odd reason a bit like the 20 years of the kampfgruppen .

Grant - Interesting, they were all over e-bay a couple of years ago and inexpensive as were Banner der Arbeit II and III. I got mine in April 05 for around $10. But they should still show up on E-bay.de Just goes to show that you got to grab this stuff when it's available because you never know when you will see it again. Kevin

Edited by ehrentitle

40th Anniversary of GDR Medal :

I actively collected East German medals and tunics from 2001-3. Another seemly common medal that I have not seen before!! Nice!

What are these jubilee medals going for now?

• 2 weeks later...

That commemorativ medal is mine! I lost it; can you send it back to me please? As i am unwell i cannot recall when or where i lost it, but it was definately when & where you got it.

I am ill; you have to give it to me; now.

I am waiting!!!!! :rolleyes: