News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I got a small (but nice) group of photos of the senior Rudolf Roesch, father of Oberleutnant Rudolf Roesch, KC-holder and Staffelkapit?n of 9. / KG 51. K.I.A. over Nijmegen in 1944.

First the photo of the son:

rk2555.jpg

Now the father:

In the rank of a Major:

rk2553.jpg

And a General of the Luftwaffe:

rk2550.jpg

Edited by Robert Noss

Another, earlier photo shows him with a child, which I presume is his son, the KC-holder

rk2554.jpg

Together with the photos I got this Flight-report booklet dated 1926

rk2556.jpg

It includes a lot of flights on various airplanes:

rk2557.jpg

End of photos.

As always, I would love to have some more informations about Rudolf Roesch senior.

His career in the 1st WW and between the wars.

A bit more info about his career in the 3rd Reich and 2nd WW.

Many thanks in advance

Robert

Guest Rick Research

TERRIFIC photos, Robert! Senior's photo in the Biblio biographies is much to dark.

The photo as a Major (E) was when he was attached to Luftwaffe staff in M?nchen 1934-36.

He made Generalmajor 1 December 1941, and was R?stungs Inspektor VII in M?nchen 1940-45.

Is der F?hrer glaring with disapproval at that cigar? :cheeky:

In the first war, he went directly (2 August 1914 !!!!) from Bavarian Inf Rgt 10 to serving as a pilot with Bavarian Flieger Abteilung 2 until 5 February 1916. Then he transferred for a month to Bavarian FFA 5 and Fokker Ausbildungs Kommando IV.

He commanded Eindecker-Kampfstaffel of the 3rd Army 12.3. to 28.5.16.

But that seems to have been the end to his frontline flying career--

he spent a couple of months in an aviation replacement unit, and then was commander of Fliegerschule 3 from 1.8.16 to 3.12.17.

Atthat point he was assigned to the staff of the commanding general of aviation for the rest of the war.

He retired as a Hauotmann 30 September 1920 (most officers were discharged in March/April... hmmmm?) and was "angestellt" in the army as "Sachbearbeiter f?r Flieger-Angelegenheiten" at Wehrkreis VII 1 July 1925 to 31 March 1934.

Of course :unsure: there were not supposed to BE any "Flieger Angelegenheiten" :unsure: from 1925-34, so his flying that you have logbooks for are

Black Reichswehr. :rolleyes::catjava:

He certainly had enough time for a Flyer's Commemorative Badge, yet chose to wear his Pilot's Badge.

Guest Rick Research

general Roesch was born in Konradshofen 11 May 1890 and died in M?chen 5 September 1952.

Bavarian army 19.7.09-30.9.20

naughty illegal "civilian employee" :rolleyes: 1.7.25-30.9.33

Army (E) when it was called (L) 1.10.33-31.03.34

Luftwaffe (E) 1.4.34 and changed to "active" status 1.8.40 until retired 30.4.45

In a POW camp until released in 1947.