News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Rick and David,

I do also the Ludwigs- and Philippsorder and the other exotics from the Ordenslisten 1875 to 1914. Now I will count the Ludiwgs- and Philipps awards. About publishing - we will see how the W?rttemberg and our/your other projects work.

Werner

Hi Werner

:jumping::speechless1: that's great. :speechless1::jumping: It would be an idea that if you were to publish it, the rolls for the GHLO and GHPV should be starting their rolls in 1871, it concludes a nice periode of time (Empire) and another publication can cover a more logic timespan before that (pre imperial)

But that is just a thought :speechless:

I did not knew, that so many persons were busy and working hard such a long time with the rolls of the German states. For more than three hours I studied all the questions, answers and remarks and now I am a little bit tipsy. Such a nearly unbelievable effort!!!

If there is still any interest, I can offer on micro-film the rolls of all lifesavingmedals from L?beck.

The same rolls from Lippe-Detmold and Lippe-Schaumburg you will find in my book on the page 76 to 82.

The still deeply impressed Kapitular

Edited by Kapitular

Hi Kapitular

Well I think I can speak for all of us if we say that we are trying and I think we should, it almost 100 yeras ago and so little of these kind of details are known nowadays. Still a lot of work to do.

How many of the L?beck lifesavingmedals are mentioned in the rolls you have on microfilm? Was it a WWI-award? I am afraid I do not know much about the lifesavingmedals, but am eager to learn more about the L?beck ones

David

The L?beck lifesavingmedal was awarded from 1882 to September 1918 as a not portable decoration, 1 medal in gold and 86 in silver. From 1919 to 1933 the medal was portable with a ribbon, 55 pieces in silver.

My list includes the name, the profession an the date of issue.

Best regards, Kapitular

Hello,

and here are the result of the Ludwigsorden - complete 1590 awards

Gro?kreuz 323

Komtur 1 74

Komtur 2 147

Ritter 1 427

Ritter 2 257

golden M 74

silver M 288

There were no differences between the type of medal - Verdienst, Treue Dienste, etc. - how they are published...

Werner

• 2 months later...

So in the meantime some are done, some are underway. Anything new (rolls found or being worked on) maybe an update from Daniel K. on his rolls-traveling around Germany? Are there already new projects being worked on (Ulsterman) or interested people who would like to support or set up new projects? Please tell us in this thread.

Guest Rick Research

I'm twiddling my thumbs with nothing to do. :blush:

Yes, I have the 23,000 Meiningen War Merit Medals that I could do-- but am in NO hurry to spend half a year doing every Gefreiter's WW1 pair lists that will advance groups identifications not one single name's worth. :speechless::sleep:

I am sorely disappointed that none of Daniel's and my rolls which were completed and turned in for publication got printed this year. :banger:

2008 should rectify that. We will then have the other rolls that are finished and in final proofreading ready as well.

But NEW rolls? Aside from the "missing 900" Z?hringen Lions from 1918 which I've posted here already, nothing else "do-able" at my house. Waldeck--what I have--is too fragmentary to be useful. Several classes which are complete aren't going to do any good with most classes missing most of their awards.

Rick, thanks for the input.

More specifically, I am interested to know if the other hanseatics are being worked on already (Bremen and the massive Hamburg): who has what ( I know Ulsterman tried to get something from Bremen and Hamburg)

In the meantime my own pre-1866 projects (kurhessian orders is proceeding steadily, thanks to other members of this forum as well. I won't name them it will only make them :blush:

Edited by David M

Guest Rick Research

Bremen was ordered, paid for, hundreds of xeroxed pages reached Philadelphia-- where criminally incompetent baboons with federal pensions in the U.S. Customs Service slashed the box open, dumped out all the pages-- and delivered the EMPTY box to Ulsterman. :banger::angry:

Hamburg is apparently on some antiquated computer format on a CD that he has not yet been able to do anything with.

No- There was no insurance. In 25 years of posting things this is one of the few times the USPS has totally screwed up.

The Cd I have I am certain my wife will be able to take care of-in her own good time. She is pretty good at this sort of thing. When she fixes it, I'll probably share it. :rolleyes:

When she fixes it, I'll probably share it. :rolleyes:

That would be great! I am sure there are a lot of willing members of this forum to help out with this giant roll. Together, I believe we will have it fixed and available in no time at all. Thanks to the internet we can set up a worlwide project.... :speechless: yeah yeah I know I get carried away easily :speechless:

David

So in the meantime some are done, some are underway. Anything new (rolls found or being worked on) maybe an update from Daniel K. on his rolls-traveling around Germany? Are there already new projects being worked on (Ulsterman) or interested people who would like to support or set up new projects? Please tell us in this thread.

Both Schwarzburg principalities' Honor Cross with Swords are 99% done. I also have the rolls for the Honor Cross without swords from 1909-1918, including those with the Oak Brooch 1914/15, but one page is missing from the 1st Class with Crown section.

Both Schwarzburg principalities' Honor Cross with Swords are 99% done. I also have the rolls for the Honor Cross without swords from 1909-1918, including those with the Oak Brooch 1914/15, but one page is missing from the 1st Class with Crown section.

Hi Dave

Thats great, what is the size? What are you planning to do with it?

• 2 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

I apologize for the seemingly endless delays, but Daniel has just informed me that our first 5 volumes will be printed in February, so we now have precise prices per volume. Details will follow about additional postage costs and methods of payment-- obviously can't address those until we actually have bound copies D-O-N-E but here are what each of the first five volumes will cost:

Principality of Hohenzollern 1914-1947, 53 pages ? 24.80

W?rttemberg recipients of non-Wtbg awards WW1, 124 pp ? 32.80

Combined Thuringian "Ernestine" Duchies 1914-18 (all 3 in 1 volume), 237 pages ? 49.80

Saxe-Weimar 1914-19, 184 pages ?44.80

Waldeck 1914-18 vastly improved 2nd edition, 99 pages ? 26.80

This is just notification of imminent printing-- we will be posting these with sample pages, listings of exactly what awards are included etc in the Books Sales section when they are in three dimensions. :cheers:

Guest Rick Research

:jumping:Daniel is picking up the FIRST batch of 25 each of our first 5 volumes this Friday.

There will be 100 printed of each volume. I will be--eventually-- getting 25 of each for distribution in the Americas. Since ONE set of the 5 books weighs in at over 10 pounds, you will understand the logistical difficulties, as well as the need to add COST of shipping.

By sending them over en masse, that will cut down shipping across the ocean. Trans-shipping will still be cheaper than ordering direct from Germany for those of us on this side of The Pond.

Those of you on the European "waiting list" as posted above should contact Daniel next week when he posts them in the For Sale section. For those of us "Over Here" it will take longer for the books to arrive. :cheers:

Oh. Almost forgot. The covers will be BLUE. :love:

:jumping:Daniel is picking up the FIRST batch of 25 each of our first 5 volumes this Friday.

There will be 100 printed of each volume. I will be--eventually-- getting 25 of each for distribution in the Americas. Since ONE set of the 5 books weighs in at over 10 pounds, you will understand the logistical difficulties, as well as the need to add COST of shipping.

By sending them over en masse, that will cut down shipping across the ocean. Trans-shipping will still be cheaper than ordering direct from Germany for those of us on this side of The Pond.

Those of you on the European "waiting list" as posted above should contact Daniel next week when he posts them in the For Sale section. For those of us "Over Here" it will take longer for the books to arrive. :cheers:

Oh. Almost forgot. The covers will be BLUE. :love:

I hope I'm on the list of the 1st 25 in the US of A :jumping:

HOPE...

Edited by ccj

These are vitally, importantly, soon-to-become collectible-in-their-own right pieces of primary Teutonic research. I so wish they were closer to my core interests . . . .

Them as cares, buy 'em, NOW. Or regret, later . . . .