News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Friends,

IT IS REALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jumping::jumping::jumping:

Today I picked up the first 3 big packets of books.

Nearly three years of work with estimated time effort of 460 working days from Rick and me was worth taht moment as I came to the printer and could see the big piles of books. Just a shame, I took my daugther to take photos but the camera was out of order.............

So, I will post a little "advertising" with some sample pages in the sales forum.

Best regards

Daniel

Friends,

IT IS REALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jumping::jumping::jumping:

Today I picked up the first 3 big packets of books.

Nearly three years of work with estimated time effort of 460 working days from Rick and me was worth taht moment as I came to the printer and could see the big piles of books. Just a shame, I took my daugther to take photos but the camera was out of order.............

So, I will post a little "advertising" with some sample pages in the sales forum.

Best regards

Daniel

Rick,

When do those of us who committed to buying these books make payment?

Guest Rick Research

European/world orders can go to Daniel and he will advise on shipping costs etc.

For us in the Americas, just be PATIENT. FIRST the books-- the very very very heavy books have got to GET here. When I have them, I will let this hemisphere folks know.

Just remember: I don't get to have my AUTHOR paws on them any quicker than any of us this side of the Atlantic will--so imagine MY sense of anticipation ! :jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping:

Meanwhile, you can expect the shock-waves :speechless1: to begin rippling outwards IMMEDIATELY with the first--in many cases-- accurate NUMBERS on many of these awards that have never been published before. :rolleyes:

And you ain't seen nuthin yet. We've got lots more upcoming where these came from ! :catjava:

Hello Rick and Daniel,

yesterday I received the updated Waldeck book and I wanna thank you both for the good work. And of course to the late Erhard Roth for the first print.

I am still comparing both editions.

All the best

eitze

Hello Rick and Daniel,

yesterday I received the updated Waldeck book and I wanna thank you both for the good work. And of course to the late Erhard Roth for the first print.

I am still comparing both editions.

All the best

eitze

RUB IT IN!!! :banger:

Just kidding! I'm happy for you... :unsure:

Guest Rick Research

Did Daniel pick a :love: color for the covers? :rolleyes:

Unfortunately I do NOT have the SILVER Merit Medal rolls, so updates to that class had to be left off of the 2nd edition. But Roth was working from the published newspaper versions and NOT the actual rolls so not only are many dates different but also I was able to fill in many many more UNITS than he had from just the list of names.

Corrections may be hard to spot, but are important. For instance, Heinrich Bruns's "Gold Merit Medal X" as dutifully reported by Roth ACTUALLY has the Roll notation that it was a MISTAKEN entry for a SILVER-- so that is -1 Gold and +1 Silver.

WE also hope you like the cross-listing of multiple awards, so no more need to flip back and forth to see IF somebody had a Merit Cross X and a Merit Order 4X-- we've listed all such in BOTH places. :catjava:

The birth and death dates also should help greatly for on-the-spot identifications of groups (1897 Centenary? Hindenburg Cross? Not if born 1885 or died 1927... :rolleyes: )

Not to worry, Charles-- you're on the First American Box list. It's been shipped (yesterday) so when it arrives... you got your pennies saved up?

Guest Rick Research

Not until they actually arrive HERE safely and I know what postage is going to work out to.

But you can start now skipping things like new shoes for the kids, and buying bargain brands instead of the good chow for the pets. :cheeky:

Not until they actually arrive HERE safely and I know what postage is going to work out to.

But you can start now skipping things like new shoes for the kids, and buying bargain brands instead of the good chow for the pets. :cheeky:

Skimp on the kids. sure, easy.

Skimp on our owners (these so-called "pets") . . . you must be somehow kidding?!?!

:rolleyes:

Skimp on the kids. sure, easy.

Skimp on our owners (these so-called "pets") . . . you must be somehow kidding?!?!

:rolleyes:

My dog already lost 10lbs since I started saving. The kids are holding up well so far. I had to stop drinkin Starbucks Coffee :o

Did Daniel pick a :love: color for the covers? :rolleyes:

Hi Rick,

no pink cover - I am very disappointed ;)

The red is the old and the blue the new book.

Have to fix the paper stickers; they aren`t made for the future.

greetings

eitze

Hi Rick,

no pink cover - I am very disappointed ;)

The red is the old and the blue the new book.

Have to fix the paper stickers; they aren`t made for the future.

greetings

eitze

Well, that'll eliminate the confusion when you go to pick one up. :D

My books arrived this week! Thank you Rick and Daniel and all of the other gnomes behind the scenes.

Within two minutes of checking some names in the SEHO book, I discovered that a small document group I have to a Saxon Oberleutnant is not complete. :speechless1: I wonder how many more fragmented document groups I have? Never mind, at least I now know what to look out for and I can start making some dedicated enquiries about the missing parts of the jigsaw puzzle(s).

I am still astonished at the low numbers of bestowals for some of the awards.

The rolls are an amazing resource and absolutely essential for anyone seriously interested in researching the lives and times of the original recipients of the items in our collections.

Will it be possible to create an online errata, perhaps in the form of a series of PDF files, as and when additional information becomes available?

Guest Rick Research

Oh, I dunno about ONLINE, especially given the perpetual/eternal nature of our perfectionist inclinations (one by one by one by one....). But certainly no matter how long it is until a SECOND edition ever appears, these are all very much, at least in our eyes, FIRST editions.

Example: going through Final Tweakifications on the two Lippes, today I was able to add three first names and two places and dates of birth for BAND MEMBERS from Glenn's 1899 Military Musicians "Rank List." Hardly worth putting online, by themselves, if those volumes had been printed, but the process really is ongoing forever.

On the other hand, with the perfect format for entries that Daniel has laid out, all of us can neatly pencil in any sort of additions that come up. When we ARE ready for a Second Edition, we will call for all such additional information to be included. (2014? :rolleyes: ) :cheers:

Gnomelike work is NEVER done--though some of us aren't getting any younger! :speechless1::cheeky:

Guest Rick Research

FIRST NAMES !!!!! :jumping::jumping::jumping:

And thanks to showing award groups, can happily cross-index that awards WERE to the same people referred to as "Hoflakei Schmidt" or whatever in the wretched Rolls-- as well as verifying awards from BOTH Lippes to the same person, allowing me to add all that nice date and place of birth data from Detmold entries to Schaumburg ones..

:jumping::jumping::jumping:

The work of Reserach Gnomes is never done. But the Added Value for the Schaumburg Rolls to be published later this year is now MUCH enhanced! :cat:

FIRST NAMES !!!!! :jumping::jumping::jumping:

And thanks to showing award groups, can happily cross-index that awards WERE to the same people referred to as "Hoflakei Schmidt" or whatever in the wretched Rolls-- as well as verifying awards from BOTH Lippes to the same person, allowing me to add all that nice date and place of birth data from Detmold entries to Schaumburg ones..

:jumping::jumping::jumping:

The work of Reserach Gnomes is never done. But the Added Value for the Schaumburg Rolls to be published later this year is now MUCH enhanced! :cat:

Rick,

Which Schaumburg-Lippe awards will you be including in the rolls to be published? Only the orders or also decorations such as the Kreuz f?r treue Dienste? Do you know how many Kreuz f?r treue Dienste were awarded?

David

Guest Rick Research

There are no rolls for the ordinary awards from either Lippe in WW1-- each recipient of their crosses simply left an individual receipt form as the sole record of those wartime decorations.

Detmold will include all awards of the House Order and the other Orders, women's crosses, various and sundy medals (some going back to 1816).

Schaumburg is only the House Order down to Silver Merit Cross, all 1869-1918 , and their Arts & Sciences awards.

What there is is what we've got to work with.

:unsure:

Hi, there was some mention late last year about eventually possible lists of Colonial awards? (China and DWA etc) any more news??

I just bought a ribbon bar from Heiko with two colonial medals and would be thrilled to search for a owner.

Why oh why could?nt thoose Prussian ranglists include colonial awards too :banger::banger:

And not for the firsttime nor the last a :cheers: for the great work done , Thanks Gentlemen

from both side of the big water.

Christer

Edited by christerd