News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mr. Danner, is there now a list that is available for the Schwarzburg awards.  I tried searching the entire site and maybe I missed it.  The posts just seem to end but don't point to where we might find the lists. Thanks for all you do.

• 8 months later...

Hello Friends,

news on the "rolls front"

available now: Volume XXIII of our series, done by the late Rick and me:

"Verleihungen von militärischen Ehrenzeichen des Grossherzogtums Mecklenburg- Strelitz im Ersten Weltkrieg"

(award roll of military decorations from Mecklenburg- Strelitz in WW1)

Contains the awards of the different crosses for merit in the war (Kreuz für Auszeichung im Kriege), the Adolf - Friedrich Cross and the Kriegervereinsmedaille

about 180 pages, softcover

Due to the very small number printed, the price is not really cheap... 44,60 Euros

If somebody is interested, please contact me via pm.

lots of greetings

Daniel

Strelitz 1.jpg

Strelitz.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have received the book and it's very interresting. Thanks to Daniel and Rick L( RIP).

Do you know if the Mecklemburg Schwerin and Lippe Detmold  rolls are available. Indeed I'm looking for date to Saxon officers. Thanks

Christophe

On 5/25/2016 at 13:54, Deruelle said:

Hi,

I have received the book and it's very interresting. Thanks to Daniel and Rick L( RIP).

Do you know if the Mecklemburg Schwerin and Lippe Detmold  rolls are available. Indeed I'm looking for date to Saxon officers. Thanks

Christophe

For Lippe-Detmold, which award?  I think Rick and Daniel had done the house order (for both Lippes), and I did the Kriegsehrenkreuz für heldenmütige Tat.  There are far too many awards of the Kriegsverdienstkreuz, and there is no roll, only separate receipts for each award.  For Mecklenburg-Schwerin, I don't know what is out there. I have a list of awards gazetted in the Regierungsblatt, but the published dates are often way after the award dates, there are many duplicates, no first names, many mis-identified ranks, and they stopped gazetting them in 1917.

I have completed about 90% of the Anhalt rolls. I also have about half of the SLK "officers" roll done.  I say "officers", because the roll includes Feldwebelleutnants and Offizier-Stellvertreter, so the number of officer awards is less than what the published sources say.

Dave

• 2 years later...

A little refresh of that thread:

Hello Dave?

What about  the Anhalt Friedrichscross (Friedrichskreuz) on green-white ribbon (for non-combatants) - (~ 1600 awards) ?

I have two nice bars here, and i`d like trying to ID these ones. I am nearly sure, that both are Anhaltiner paymasters or from the Intendantur.

Please, please finish the Anhalt rolls (for non-combatants). I am excited like a kid...

And what about Württemberg? D a n i e l - the Wilhelmskreuz is calling :)

• 3 weeks later...

A lot less than 1600. There were  1170 awards. I have the names all typed up, but I am still adding in information from the Vorschläge. The actual Anhalt "rolls" were just a list of names, ranks and units, with a cross-reference number to the volume and page where the award was approved. These volumes of recommendations and approval resolutions were stored in a basement in Oranienbaum, east of Dessau, during the communist era, and many were lost or severely water-damaged. 

If you want, you can let me know what are on your bars and I can check my work-in-progress. I might already have a possible match.

As I have mentioned before, my goal is more than a list of awards, but also a bit of information on the people who received them. I suppose I may have bit off more than I can chew. Here is an example of my work in progress. Please let me know if you think it is too busy or clunky, too many abbreviations, or any other criticisms. 

1406986263_AKwsample.thumb.jpg.fd4bf5fdfd5a56b3247c4952be63ed37.jpg

• 1 year later...
    On 29/08/2007 at 02:38, Ulsterman said:

I will take all 5 and buy another 5 for the OMSA Library (despite it being given away).

The Bremen List was sent-and the box has arrived-EMPTY!!!! It was opened in Philidelphia by US customs and not resealed. I have filed a claim.

I am screwed.

Hi Ulsterman!

What is the status on the hanseatic rolls projects? 

I would love to know!

Does anyone happen to know the situation on the rolls, if available of the Braunschweig KVK ?

Good news Daniel. Thanks

Christophe

On 21/02/2019 at 13:15, Dave Danner said:

A lot less than 1600. There were  1170 awards. I have the names all typed up, but I am still adding in information from the Vorschläge. The actual Anhalt "rolls" were just a list of names, ranks and units, with a cross-reference number to the volume and page where the award was approved. These volumes of recommendations and approval resolutions were stored in a basement in Oranienbaum, east of Dessau, during the communist era, and many were lost or severely water-damaged. 

If you want, you can let me know what are on your bars and I can check my work-in-progress. I might already have a possible match.

As I have mentioned before, my goal is more than a list of awards, but also a bit of information on the people who received them. I suppose I may have bit off more than I can chew. Here is an example of my work in progress. Please let me know if you think it is too busy or clunky, too many abbreviations, or any other criticisms. 

1406986263_AKwsample.thumb.jpg.fd4bf5fdfd5a56b3247c4952be63ed37.jpg

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your work. I think, and it's me only, you don't have to show the book and the page for your work. The most important is the date of the award and like you said, some informations about the owner (date ob birth, death, unit). Just my two cents

Christophe

David,

There are no rolls for the KVK, and from what I saw in the archives in Wolfenbüttel, only about a quarter of the award files with recommendations and approvals remain.

Christophe

Thanks for your observations. The volume and page are there because that is the way the roll was organized. Also, it is possible someone may want to see the actual award recommendation, if it still exists, so they would need that information to draw the right document at the archives. Additionally, many award dates are unknown, as the recommendations and Resolutions-Vorschläge are missing; the volume and page can usually narrow down the award date within a month or so.

Here is an example of the roll, BTW. It does have the advantage over many Imperial-era rolls of being legible. 

879493722_AnhaltA1(1280x918).thumb.jpg.a18aa63d550841b0953896e198d0a36f.jpg