News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Luftwaffe Corps of Engineers

Thanks guys - don't think my collection is anywhere near Gary's but I am getting closer to having all of the tabs at least (am wheeling and dealing at the moment to get 2 of the 3 remaining tab sets that I am missing). The biggest challenge so far is shoulder boards - especially general rank boards - these are super scarce but I'd dearly love to own some sets of those! 

Cheers

BC

• 2 weeks later...

Another addition (i'll add to this thread as I get new items) - was lucky enough to be offered another set of generalstabsingenieur tabs. These have a little more wear to the other pair that I have and no padding on the propeller blades, so were likely done by a different manufacturer, but the bullion work is just as striking.

0019_zpsln65q5ro.jpg
    0020_zpsjmdpsgyk.jpg

Here's a pic with the other general rank tabs to show the difference in colour that is common amongst this branch.

0021_zpsaajk9y7t.jpg

If anyone has any items in this branch that they want to part with, be sure to let me know :D

Cheers!

BC 

Here's a wonderful Major-equivalent tunic and trousers which still retains its tailor label and name tag.  Just a little soiling around the neck, but otherwise in superb condition on all accounts.  Loops for a long ribbon bar and what appear to be an Iron Cross and spange.

Best regards,

Jason

Front.JPG

Edited by JasonA
    Spelling

• 4 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

Another small update with some recent acquisitions - 

Another set of Fliegeringenieur tabs, with a propeller style I haven't quite seen before. This set looks like it was uniform removed.

0026_zpsex3hcnif.jpg
    0027_zpskm0gcqfv.jpg

Another set of Stabsinginieur boards, this time slip ons.

0024_zpsolqaqgnv.jpg

And a set of Fliegeringenieur der Reserve boards which look to have never been issued. Initially when I saw these I thought they may have been for Flak but they are a deep rose pink. One day I would love to find a set of reserve tabs for this branch.

0025_zpsaryz4ai0.jpg

Thanks!

BC

Edited by Brad Cancian

• 4 months later...

Hi all - some more minor additions to the collection (things have been a bit slow of late..!)

A single Hauptingenieur tab:
    0031_zps1cimvhox.jpg

Another set of boards for an oberingenieur:
    0030_zpsojmbxdha.jpg

And a set of tabs for an oberstingenieur, which is a nice variation from my other set of this rank:
    0029_zpsuwgohlew.jpg
    0028_zpshdxf8agl.jpg

As always, if anyone has any ingenieurkorps items that they wish to part with, drop me a line :)

Cheers!

BC

• 2 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

Hi everyone – have picked up a few more bits and pieces of late:

0033_zpsuxvkit4w.jpg

First up an eagle and a fliegerhauptingenieur der reserve board. I picked the board up on ebay for 30 euros. I guess no one knew what it was:

0034_zpstkdawxre.jpg

Next up, a set of fliegeringenieur auf kriegsdauer tabs, and a board (regrettably only a single) with the pink underlay:

0037_zpsyiliepp2.jpg

Some T boards for the summer tunic for a fliegeroberingenieur and fligerhauptingenieur:

0035_zpswjpll2mc.jpg

Two sets of boards for a fliegerhauptingenieur, both in unworn condition with the smaller pips:

0036_zps9yfpu9ex.jpg

A very salty and well worn set of boards for a fliegeroberstingeniuer. These ones look to be cottage made but I have no doubts that they are the real thing:

0038_zpsfebehhbp.jpg

Boards for a fliegeroberstabsingenieur, and for a fliegeroberstingeniur:

0039_zpsa4ldcvip.jpg

I now finally have the complete set for the regular officer ingenieurkorps ranks up to the general ranks.

0040_zpskvfdqjnd.jpg

0041_zps9isdae8x.jpg

I still will be on the hunt for boards and tabs of better quality and condition, as well as for a tunic (one day…!). I intend ultimately on setting up a display board with all of the tabs and boards, once I have them. I still need to get hold of the generalingenieur boards and tabs, plus some more of the a.K boards and tabs. I think it may take me a while to get the last few…!

Cheers,

BC

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone – latest acquisition is a well worn Luftwaffe officer’s sidecap, named to a G Kirsch. According to the Luftwaffe career summaries, Kirsch was a Luftwaffe hauptingenieur, so I had to display the cap with some boards and tabs :D

0051_zpsnfkngc9m.jpg

0052_zpszryxnd6r.jpg

0053_zps4sif5h9s.jpg

0054_zpsygniqzfv.jpg

I wonder if it was a co-incidence that his name appears to have been written in pink...? :P

Cheers

BC

Hi everyone,

I have been searching for tunics for this branch for quite I while and I am very pleased to now own two.

The first is a tunic for a fliegeringenieur – this one looks like it has seen some service and was possibly re-issued, as it exhibits wear and signs of having the arms lengthened plus some other tailoring. The insignia looks to be all period applied. The tunic is very small!

0055_zps4hvilfop.jpg

0056_zpsgkfqwrda.jpg

The second is a lovely fliegeroberingenieur. This one is in excellent condition and shows little service wear. Again all insignia looks period applied.

0057_zps1qmapgxd.jpg

0058_zpskp93mi5a.jpg

0061_zpshwwj2vha.jpg

0059_zpsguy6gik6.jpg

0060_zpsqxafwuop.jpg

I am very happy to now own a couple of tunics in this branch. My long term aspiration is to own one of each rank. A man can dream!

Thanks,

Edited by Brad Cancian

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to purchase this set of tabs recently, a lovely set for a fligergeneralingenieur. These tabs at some point in their life got wet, which has rippled the material slightly. The wonderful thing about these to my eye are the mix of the gold bullion and celleon thread; the tarnishing of the bullion showing up in stark contrast to the bright celleon. This gives these tabs some wonderful character.

0062_zps7uvhf5o4.jpg
    0063_zps6dnrpsbh.jpg

And by way of comparison:

0064_zpscsihqnmb.jpg

I now only have one more set of tabs (senior sonderfuhrer) to obtain to get the complete set of tabs (boards on the other hand for the general ranks still elude me....)

Cheers,

BC

• 3 months later...
    On 2/15/2017 at 21:48, Brad Cancian said:

.......to get the complete set of tabs (boards on the other hand for the general ranks still elude me....)

Cheers,

BC

Nothing seems to elude you for very long! Beautiful collection. Thanks for sharing. 

Mike