Gentleman's Military Interest Club

Hi all,

Just acquired this one – a tunic for a Flieger-Stabsingenieur. The tunic unfortunately is not named.  It is in good condition – a few moth nips but the insignia still looks very sharp. The pink and blue really do look good together!

0072_zpshbxiyrwy.jpg0070_zpssh3eward.jpg

See the link below for more pictures:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7861019#post7861019

Cheers,

Brad C

Edited by Brad Cancian

And another acquisition - a tunic for a flieger-hauptingenieur.  

0078_zps1kiwjbbv.jpg0079_zps1fjw1n3r.jpg

Slowly working my way towards a tunic of each of the standard ranks - it's a lofty ambition, but technically I am half way...!

0082_zpsjvgspdtw.jpg

Cheers,

Brad C

Hi a very good thread.

Here is my LW engineers,

26755147_10214980899978784_1026324014_n.jpg

26803956_10214980901178814_130609432_n.jpg

MH, 

Very nice uniforms!  One minor correction....officers were not authorized to wear marksmanship lanyards.

Gary B

Thanx Gary 

ys i know thyr not :)

On 7/9/2017 at 19:39, Brad Cancian said:

Hi all,

Just acquired this one – a tunic for a Flieger-Stabsingenieur. The tunic unfortunately is not named.  It is in good condition – a few moth nips but the insignia still looks very sharp. The pink and blue really do look good together!

0072_zpshbxiyrwy.jpg0070_zpssh3eward.jpg

See the link below for more pictures:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7861019#post7861019

Cheers,

Brad C

I really like this one. I love the EK sponges.  Wonder what this guy in WWI?  Surprising no wound Badge.

I don’t do Luftwaffe, but my favorite type of tunic that I collect are Heer Engineers.  Is there a thread started on GMIC for that?

Some beautiful tunics MH - just sent you a message :)

Thanks Ostprussenmann for your kind words on my tunic. Unfortunately the name tag was removed so I can’t research the history. A wound badge would make sense, I agree. A pilots badge is also a possibility.

Before I collected Luftwaffe ingenieurkorps I collected Heer pioneer uniforms. I still have a few tunics and visors which I could post in another thread if there isn’t one already?

cheers,

Brad

19 hours ago, Brad Cancian said:

Some beautiful tunics MH - just sent you a message :)

Thanks Ostprussenmann for your kind words on my tunic. Unfortunately the name tag was removed so I can’t research the history. A wound badge would make sense, I agree. A pilots badge is also a possibility.

Before I collected Luftwaffe ingenieurkorps I collected Heer pioneer uniforms. I still have a few tunics and visors which I could post in another thread if there isn’t one already?

cheers,

Brad

Brad, first off I read my posting and realized I had some spelling errors; must have been fat fingers while using my phone to post.  Second I have not found a thread on Heer/WSS Pioniers so go ahead and start one one and we can both post.

I am still trying to find me my dream Heer Pionier tunic from Pionier Battalion Nr. 22, which a relative served in.

Hi all - some more recent pick ups. Firstly, this tunic for a fliegeroberingenieur. Unfortunately it is not named, but everything shows consistent wear and it looks like the insignia has been there forever. It is of a rather small size. 

0083_zpsrgfrglhs.jpg

0084_zpsruefhrcz.jpg

0085_zpsiinttrkl.jpg

Next up is a pair of breeches for a generalingenieur. You can see that the colour is ingenieurkorps and not General Staff.

0086_zpst0vvhriq.jpg

0082_zpsg95drkah.jpg

Lastly is this tab, for an NCO, essentially an engineering officer cadet. Unfortunately it is only the one and not a pair.

0087_zpsvcrmqewx.jpg

0088_zpsv2jral0g.jpg

Cheers,

Brad

Lovely pick ups Brad. I especially like the NCO tab, here is the cap to go with it.....

LW Engineers NCO visor cap 007.jpg

LW Engineers NCO visor cap 008.jpg

LW Engineers NCO visor cap 009.jpg

Hi all - I managed to twist MH's arm to part with his Fliegerbluse :) Thanks MH!  Glad to have added it to my ingenieurkorps collection. Here are some extra pics.

0093_zps6jdrtkeo.jpg0094_zpsqkbefdop.jpg
0095_zpsim5kth3e.jpg0096_zpsj4xmxdrb.jpg
0089_zpsqb1qdchm.jpg
0092_zpsxjqalysg.jpg
0090_zpsjvsmeco6.jpg

Cheers,

BC

Brad,

Congratulations on another stunning uniform for your very focused collection!

Gary B

Hi everyone – here is another addition – a white summer tunic for a Luftwaffe Stabsingenieur. This one is made from a soft ribbed silk-like material. It is very soft, and very light weight. The insignia is all removable, including the collar tabs, which are held on by snaps (the tabs fit the snaps perfectly, and the snaps are not sewn through both layers of the collar, which gives me confidence that they have been with the tunic for a very long time). It is not named. This is only the second summer tunic for this branch that I have seen.

0097_zpsrmqfpbs5.jpg0100_zpspnkey5xx.jpg

0104_zpshpnt9mnv.jpg0101_zpsatbgdgfl.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3019_zpsgofgeg9y.jpg

Thanks!

BC