News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

"What's New" at Kaiserscross.com

• Replies 189
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fantastic Photo Study of the Machine Gun Abteilung of the German 1st East Asian Regiment in 1906 !

These Machine guns predate the Infamous MG08.

Harry is in Baluchistan this time following Operations Mekran 1898 - 1902, the medals on the left belonged to John Beaumont Corry, decorated in the operations. The Article is dedicated to the Baluch men who served in Dhofar Province with Harry in 1973 - 1975 and includes a link to some fantastic Landscape Photos of Baluchistan.

There have been two extra photos added to the Juba River article

• 1 month later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

12 500 visitory last month!!

New update is to be found...

Hi,

check out whats new...

Harry has a new article detailing operations to the South East of Lake Victoria (Nyanza) from January to May 1915

A small update to the Death Card section of the Alpenkorps.

Some good Photos have been added to the Minenwerfer Photo Album

Best

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
    • 4 weeks later...

Richard Wahl was a very reluctant soldier.

The first part of his Diary is up in the "Whats new" section. Wahl was incredibly happy to keep away from the front for as long as possible, did all he could to get of a Machine Gunners course, was not to happy to land up in Avocourt Forest on the border of the Verdun campaign... and was pretty unhappy about being gassed in May of 1916. He missed his chance to be captured by Sgt York who catured his company in late 1918, by which time Wahl was guarding POWS.

Objectively, Wahl seems to have been a very sensible man indeed, feet firmly on the ground and more interest in his wife and child than going to war.

Also some killer photos added to the Machine Gun Photo Album...

http://www.kaiserscross.com/152301.html

• 4 months later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Bang... twice in one day....

Its been some time since I have had a nice Verdun piece... so..

"Leutn. d. Res Just commanding the 8. Komp gives the order to "Fix Bayonets!" and with a loud "Hurrah!" the 24 remaining men of his Company charged the enemy. "

See whats new.....

Chris is there a way to trace a French enlisted/NCO/officer's service record for WWI? I am following a uniform group, where the soldier might have fougth and been wounded at Verdun in 1916. If I can find the service record, I can be sure. Please PM me if you can.

• 1 month later...
    • 4 weeks later...
    • 8 months later...

arry has moved to Baluchistan this month with an account of the Marri Field Force in 1918 HERE

A visit to the Munster valley last month has pushed me to add a bit to articles in that sector.

The article about the Sturm Abteilung (Rohr) and the death of Friedrich Pöhler has had a facelift, with the addition of some Photos and a Militärpass of a soldier wounded just a couple of days after the attack. HERE

I have added a French account of the action in which Pöhler was killed HERE

Also added is a small selection of maps on the Linge - Schratzmännle sector HERE

I was happy to visit the area where one of my favourite awards was earned, so the article on the Reichackerkopf has had a few Photos added HERE

• 3 weeks later...

An unfortunate event sours the month. Rick "Research" Lundstrom was killed in a car accident. Anyone involved in Imperial German Medal collecting or research would have known Rick. The Gandalf of the Research Gnomes has left the building HERE

Harry Brings us back on track with a close run thing, The fight to relieve Rumaithah, Mesopotamia 1920 HERE

A short article about an attack made by the 1st Bavarian Reserve Jäger Battalion in Romania 1917 HERE

• 2 months later...

Harry really outdid himself this time. The fourth campaign against the Mad Mullah in Somaliland 1903-04 continues the saga on the Horn of Africa. Not only is the article a mine of information, but it needed four pages! Some medal groups are illustrated that will make many of us go weak at the knees HERE

HH has done a right up on the Militärpaß for a soldier who had a unique career, Machine Gunner, Flame Thrower operator and member of the fledgeling Panzer troops HERE

A new subsection dealing with Militärpässer can be found HERE, I hope to regroup a selection of outstanding passes, more to follow.

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes a seemingly boring Iron Cross award document can suddenly become very interesting with a bit of lucky research, this is the case for this award of the Iron Cross 2nd Class for a Gefreiter in the 3rd Bavarian Infantry Regiment for the fighting on the Stochod in 1916.

Harry is on the move again, the Gurkha at Tor in Sinai putting another pin in his map.

A small update to the Machine Gun Photo Album HERE

• 3 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Since the Bavarian Jäger Tschako below awakened my interest in the Red Tower Pass I did a small write up about the Infanterie Regiment 187 in Romania. The I.R. 187 had been fighting in the Vogesen before being sent to Romania. HERE

Harry has a new bumper article about the Punjabis in Somaliland, making the Kaiserscross the biggest online resource for information about campaigns in Somaliland HERE

• 4 weeks later...

One of my finds of the year ...

In September 1916 during the fighting on the Somme Max Hartinger of the 21st Bavarian Infantry Regiment played an important part in disrupting two British attacks near Ginchy. For his part in the action he was awarded an Iron Cross 2nd Class. The award was later upgraded to a Bavarian Gold Bravery Medal, just one of 998 awarded during the war HERE

I hope the year gets even better ;-)