News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Souval EK 1

What is the general opinion here on souval crosses?I have just aquired one that will be here later this week.I would post the pics that I have,but they are too large.

From all the research I've done it does look like a good wartime rounder,I'm just curious as to what others think.

Thanks,Jim P

It does have the round inner corners and sharp pointed outside corners.The "3" is lower in the date that the other numbers.If I knew how to crop picture size I would post it along with some of the other crosses I have.

Regards,

Jim P

Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures.I will post better once I get the cross.

As I said I am 99.9% sure this is a souval.I never realized how much difference the was from cross to cross.It was alot of fun trying to figure out who made it,as it is unmarked.One of my favorite things about this hobby is the research.

Jim P

Hi Jim,

The cross looks OK from the front, although the ridges on the beading at the outer arm joins aren't clear. If the pin is steel (magnetic) then it's probably fine. I have heard example with non-steel pins are "suspect".

Regards

Mike K

The man I am buying this from I met through a forum and has been of great help to me.Both in finding items I'm looking for and researching of things I already have.I am proud to call him friend now.

I am really interested in finding out if I'm learning anything here lately.As in have I nailed the maker on this cross and what are other peoples' thoughts on Souval crosses?I personally have no problem with this cross,but in researcing it found that there is a lot of difference of opinion on these crosses.

Look forward to all the opinions on this.

Thanks,

Jim P