News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A better picture of the hinge would help but IMO looks like a good badge by Frederick Orth with soldered fittings.F.O also produced a badge with cast in fittings.Pity about the damage.

Regards,Martin.

Edited by mwestley

Tidy ,i still think it is a good one. Can you do close up pic,s of the hinge straight on and the maker mark?There appears to be another "f" above the maker mark "fo".Very unusual.I might well be wrong and maybe someone can correct me but i would not expect this "flaw" on a reproduction.

Regards,Martin.

Tidy ,i still think it is a good one. Can you do close up pic,s of the hinge straight on and the maker mark?There appears to be another "f" above the maker mark "fo".Very unusual.I might well be wrong and maybe someone can correct me but i would not expect this "flaw" on a reproduction.

Regards,Martin.

YES THERE IS ANOTHER F ABOVE THE TRADE MARK THE SAME F AS THE MAKERS MARK WILL SORT SOME BETTER PICTURES OUT IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS BUT MY CAMERA IS NOT GREAT AT CLOSE UPS MAKES THE PICTURES FUZZY THE CLOSER I GET TO THE BADGE

Such damage is often seen on otherwise clean, good badges brought back to the UK by returning service personnel because of the rule stipulating that they could only take damaged stuff as souvenirs. So many of them broke off pins or hooks, or both. Some denazified them, not because of any rule governing the swastika, but because it was a convenient way of damaging the piece to legalise it as a souvenir.

Strange but true.

PK

Tidy,i'm baffled.I still think it looks like an original from the obverse view.The hinge looks original but perhaps resoldered.I cannot comment on the double maker marks.I have never seen this feature before,maybe someone more knowlegable can help here.

Regards,Martin.