News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hero of Afghanistan medal

stephenmiller

• 1 year later...

All I have is a VERY poor quality image from the Russian book (the authors' names slip my mind, sorry).

Have asked for better images. This is all I have.

Hum,

I have been ever (and I am still) sure that this so called "Golden star of the Hero of DRA" (once placed on Russian auction) is merely fake made from Afghani Order of the Star. But it seems to be a quite believable fake...

Very interesting. :jumping: I once had the chance to meet a double recipient of this award, so it must have existed. It wasn't a situation where I could ask to see his medals (I was trying to presuade him to get his guards to lower their AK-47s).

Very interesting. :jumping: I once had the chance to meet a double recipient of this award, so it must have existed. It wasn't a situation where I could ask to see his medals (I was trying to presuade him to get his guards to lower their AK-47s).

:violent: I know about at least two more peaceful recipients: unique and only one Afghani astronaut Abdul Ahad Mohmand and his partner, Soviet kosmonaut Vladimir Lyakhov.