News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Merit for People

I have acquired a worn out II Class with document to Karel Pukovnik. It was awarded in december 1945 and it has a very low serial number.

1182709915_6702bdf6d6_b.jpg

1194762231_129703f173_o.jpg

Soviet,

order was awarded to dr Karel Oberslik, Colonel.

Edited by SasaYU

• Replies 77
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General rule of history: Anything that has ever required any government to pay money or extend befefits to their citizens has given birth to mounds of paper detailing how much, and what, and to whom, and for how long. Likewise, anything that ever cost that government any money to make (or buy) -- like ODM -- had leagues of bookkeepers watching over the process and recording the expenditures.

Who can access the (former) Yugoslavian archives -- assuming they still exist. Where are they anyway?

Archives are in Belgrade and yes they should exist.

• 3 weeks later...

I have one Order for Merit to the People but I'm not clear what class is it. If you look at avers it seems to be 1st class. But if you look at revers you see number II and high s/n 37062. Is it 2nd class turned to 1st class? homemade? Have you ever seen somethink like this? What is your opinion?

Thank you Valuk, :cheers:

Avers seems to be 1st class. Why are you sure that it's 2nd class?

waldemar

Gentlemen,

that order's av. is a 1st class for sure :D .

Silver figure on a gold star and that star on gold rays.

1st class & 3nd class have silver figures on a gold star, but the differnce are the rays under the gold star.

Best regards :beer:

Christian

And how can you explain the II and the high serial number? It can't be 1st class with the inscription of the second :violent: Looks like a 1st class, but with the II :speechless1: I'm sure that's a second class (if is a first, good for you :jumping: ), can we see the reverse?

Mistakes like this, happened quite frequently with this order. As a result it is possible to find many different variations.

The third class (with silver star) should have a golden partisan and golden rays, but silver star.

The second class (with silver rays) should have a gold star and everything else in silver.

The first class (with golden star) should have a gold star and golden rays but a silver partisan.

In reality it isn't always like this. Almost all of the order of merit to people in my collection don't correspond to above described. My 2. class has silver star and golden partisan and rays (but is in 2.class box and numbered II), my two third classes have golden stars (and are in 3. class boxes and numbered III on the reverse), only my first class corresponds to the above described correctly. However I think that the back side COUNTED, so the example, that was posted here on the forum was most probably awarded as a 2. class.

So in short, it's a real mess with these orders, but the back side counts for the grade of the order.

Edited by Ostfront

• 1 month later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 4 months later...