News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Yugoslavian Flag

• Replies 94
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Very nice indeed! When did you find that thing? Long time ago?

near Paris, approximatively in 2000 I believe, because I paid it 400 french francs, so 60 euros. The guy didn't knew what he sold, it was coming from the family. How lucky I was! But I was surely the only guy in this militaria fair to know what was this order...

I have an Order of the Jugoslavian Flag, 4th Class numbered on the reverse '542' and a 5th Class, unnumbered, but with a certificated to 'Marie-Ghislaine Vlekke'. Is there a date for when the numbering ended and the unnumbered versions began to be issued? Gunner 1

• 2 months later...

For sale right now at Auktionhaus Carsten Zeige. It belonged to a former East German citizen. Strating price of ? 1500. Tehy are selling few things from the former head of the Stasi Erich Mielke. It might have been his order. :speechless1:

Bryan,

Gorgious looking order. Unfortunately, one must have deep pockets to shop with Zeige.

I am beginning to doubt some of these auctions claiming to be Mielke's items. Just too many of them being offered these days. Thanks for posting this [icture. We'd all like one that looks like this one does.

Regards,

Gordon

• 1 month later...

:jumping:

Just got this beauty on a auction , probably issued to a Swedish diplomat in Belgrad

I was very lucky that not many people id this rare order ;)

Sellers pics , better pics coming when I get it.

All the best from Sweden

Christer

Just got this beauty on a auction , probably issued to a Swedish diplomat in Belgrad

I was very lucky that not many people id this rare order ;)

Sellers pics , better pics coming when I get it.

All the best from Sweden

Christer

And the price was 1356 kronen - very cheap if you ask me.

Now the Order has arrived and its truly amazing :love:

It has been issued to a Swedish business man but I dont have his name yet, what I do right now is to try and get as many names for people who had this order in the different classes. I have some names alredy but there must be more out there :beer: So If anyone has a name for a person awarded to any class of the Yugoslavian Flag please let me know and I will make some simple database.

Here is some more pics of my order it is a later ex without number.

Christer

Hi Christerd,

this is a great idea to setup a database with name of awardees. :beer:

Since I don't know what name you have I'm sending you some I know:

(description from wikipedia)

1st class:

Hungary:

Zolt?n Tildy (Losonc, November 18, 1889 ? Budapest, August 3, 1961) was an influential leader of Hungary, who served as Prime Minister from 1945-1946 and President from 1946-1948 in the post-war period before the seizure of power by Soviet-backed communists.

Lajos Dinny?s (16 April 1901, Als?dabas - 1961) was a Hungarian politician of the Smallholders Party who served as the last non-communist Prime Minister of Hungary from 1947 to 1948.

M?ty?s R?kosi (born March 9, 1892 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A1ty%C3%..._Mur.C3.A1nyi-0http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A1ty%C3%...osi#cite_note-1as M?ty?s Rosenfeld - died February 5, 1971 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A1ty%C3%...osi#cite_note-2was a Hungarian communist politician, of Jewish origin and born in present-day Serbia. He was the ruler de facto of the communist Hungary between 1945 and 1956http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A1ty%C3%...osi#cite_note-3 ? first in his capacity as General Secretary of the Hungarian Communist Party (1945-1948) and later as General Secretary of the Hungarian Working People's Party (1948-1956)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A1ty%C3%...osi#cite_note-4. His rule was characterised as a Stalinist type dictatorshiphttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A1ty%C3%...osi#cite_note-5http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A1ty%C3%...osi#cite_note-6.

?rp?d Szakasits (Budapest, December 6, 1888 ? Budapest, May 3, 1965) was a Hungarian Communist political figure. He served as the President of Hungary from 2 August 1948 to 23 August 1949.

Romania:

Petru Groza (December 7, 1884 - January 7, 1958) was a Romanian politician, best known as the Prime Minister of the first Communist Party-dominated governments under Soviet occupation during the early stages of the Communist regime in Romania.

Gheorghe Gheorghiu-Dej (born Gheorghe Gheorghiu; November 8, 1901, B?rlad - March 19, 1965, Bucharest) was the Communist leader of Romania from 1948 until his death in 1965.

Ana Pauker (born Hannah Rabinsohn; February 13, 1893 ? June 14, 1960) was a Romanian communist leader and served as the country's foreign minister in the late 1940s and early 1950s. She was the unofficial leader of the Romanian Communist Party after World War II.

Vasile Luca (born L?szl? Luka; June 8, 1898?July 23, 1963) was an Austro-Hungarian-born Romanian and Soviet communist politician, a leading member of the Romanian Communist Party (PCR) from 1945 and until his imprisonment in the 1950s. Noted for his activities in the Ukrainian SSR in 1940-1941, he sided with Ana Pauker during World War II, and returned to Romania to serve as the Minister of Finance and one of the most recognizable leaders of the Communist regime. Luca's downfall, coming at the end of a conflict with Gheorghe Gheorghiu-Dej, signaled that of Pauker.

Dumitru Popa,(born in 1925) was member of Romanian Communist Party, Major of Bucarest 1968 - 1971, Ambassador to Yugoslavia.

Brazil

Jo?o Fernandes Campos Caf? Filho (February 3, 1899 - February 20, 1970) was a Brazilian politician. Born in Natal, Rio Grande do Norte state, Caf? Filho was a journalist and federal deputy, elected vice-president in 1950, under Get?lio Vargas.

UNO

Trygve Halvdan Lie ([ˌtɾyɡʋə ˈliː] (help?info); 16 July 1896 ? 30 December 1968) was a Norwegian politician. From 1946 to 1952 he was the first elected Secretary-General of the United Nations.

Yugoslavia:

Ivan Ribar (born on 21 January 1881, in Vukmanić, Austria-Hungary; died on 11 June 1968, Zagreb, Yugoslavia), was a Yugoslav politician of Croatian descent.

Ribar was born in Vukmanić near Karlovac. He had a PhD in law. In politics, Ribar was:

• President of the Royal Parliamentary Assembly, 1920 - 1922
    • President of Executive Committee, Anti-Fascist Council of People's Liberation of Yugoslavia, 26 Oct 1942 - 4 Dec 1943
    • Chairman of the Presidium of the Provisional People's Assembly, 4 Dec 1943 - 5 Mar 1945
    • Chairman of the Presidium of the National Assembly, 2 Dec 1945 - 14 Jan 1953
    Ale? B?bler, (psevdonimi Primo?, Andr?, ...) slovenski ?panski borec, partizan, politik, general, diplomat in narodni heroj, * 8. junij 1907, Idrija, ? 12. avgust 1981, Ljubljana. Rezervni generalmajor dr. Bebler je bil velika osebnost v KPJ.

<h1 id="firstHeading" class="firstHeading">Vladimir Popović, ???</h1>Josip Djerda, ???

2nd cl.

Dr. Joze Vilfan,

3rd cl.

Anto Mitrovic

4th cl. and 5th cl. ??

I hope that some of this names are new to you.

lg w :cheers:

Great Wlodzimierz !!

A lot of new names , I will now try to get some order in my small base and see how many we can get names to.

Of course its easier to name the 1st class-2nd class like princess Anne of England :cheeky:

But I think by combing the internet we can find at least some names. I found 3 + people from Sweden who got the 1st class and no one was Royal.

Thanks again W ,

Christer

• 9 years later...
    • 2 months later...

Hello, this is anice piece. Diplomas about this order are rare. But one question: in 1983 did this order come with both big diploma (na dthe wax state seal) and the small DIN A5 certificate? What was the rule?