News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Yugoslavian Flag

1st class, cased + documents in Vienna for EUR 1.300,-

Gentlemen,

a complete set of a 1st class, cased + documents is offered in Vienna for EUR 1.300,-. The recipient should be a minister of Romania.

The condition of the set is good, but the sash is already faded out in terms of colour.

What do you think about the price :unsure: ?

I guess, that it is a bit over the current market situation, even if confered to a promint Romain minister.

Many thanks for your advice in advance :love: .

Best regards :beer:

Christian

• Replies 94
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would be the difference between a fair price in-country (Serbia), as opposed to a fair price outside?

Good question, Ed ;):cheers: .

Well, I guess it should be about 30 %, but in most cases it is far more: 50 % or even up to 100 %.

It's rather easy to bring them by train, bus or car to Vienna, Munich, Milano or Zurich. The Hungarian custom & border guards can be nasty, but if you are EU-citizen and travel with an EU-registered car, they wouldn't check your luggage in a comprehensive way. But if you bought the awards at a regular shop and you have all the papers, then you can also declare the items at the HU-customs.

So, the EU-dealers shouldn't add not more than around 30 % to the dealers prices in Belgrad or Zagreb, I think.

But according to market-laws, capitalism & Karl Marx, the price for a "YU-Flag 1cl" should be all over the world ident ;) .

Christian

Hello Christian, Hello Ed

the times unfortunately already gone when the difference in price of "native" country and rest of the collectors world have been 30% or more. I think it's due to the speed and aibility of our electronical news systems that the information is spread in miliseconds all over the world. So the reactions of the markets are immediate all over the world. Thats why prices vary not much beetween different sllers.

The only chance to get a cheap piece it's really to stumble over in in some very very old antiques shop where nobody absolutely has no idea of what it is representing :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers and best regards

Milan

Good question, Ed ;):cheers: .

Well, I guess it should be about 30 %, but in most cases it is far more: 50 % or even up to 100 %.

It's rather easy to bring them by train, bus or car to Vienna, Munich, Milano or Zurich. The Hungarian custom & border guards can be nasty, but if you are EU-citizen and travel with an EU-registered car, they wouldn't check your luggage in a comprehensive way. But if you bought the awards at a regular shop and you have all the papers, then you can also declare the items at the HU-customs.

So, the EU-dealers shouldn't add not more than around 30 % to the dealers prices in Belgrad or Zagreb, I think.

But according to market-laws, capitalism & Karl Marx, the price for a "YU-Flag 1cl" should be all over the world ident ;) .

Christian

Market price for a YU-Flag 1cl, cased + documents :unsure:?

Gentlemen,

o.k., if Milan says, that the laws of market economy are ruling even the market for YU-Awards, what would be the present price for a YU-Flag 1cl, cased + documents :unsure: ?

EUR 1.300,- are too much, but what price can I offer to the dealer :unsure: ?

Many thanks for your advice :love: .

Christian

Edited by Christian Zulus

The price vary from 700-1000 euros. Depending of the dealer.

Prices are growing in native county too. :angry:

Dear Sasa,

many thanks for your information :cheers:

I might get the price down to a range of 1.100,- to 1.200,-, I think. But I have to check, how prominent the recipient is ...

Christian

• 2 months later...

YU-Flag 1cl to Romanian Communist Miron-Radu Paraschivescu

Gentlemen,

some month ago, "pmarqulies" and me found that below mentioned beauty at our dealer in Vienna: Complete, cased, documents, but the sash is rather belached out and the asked price is rather high.

Now or new GMIC-member & YU-collector from Vienna, "wlodzimierz", had a closer look at that YU-Flag 1cl.

The order was confered in 1968 to the renowed Romanian writer & poet AND Secretary of the Central Commitee of the CPR Miron-Radu Paraschivescu (2nd of october 1911 - 17th of february 1971). That extraordinary high political rank resulted in a 1st class of the YU-Flag.

Links to our Romanian comrade:

http://www.memoria.ro/?location=view_article&id=982

http://www.editura-timpul.go.ro/paraschivescu.html

http://ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miron_Radu_Paraschivescu

http://cerculpoetilor.net/poet.php?idp=92

Is there anyone here among GMIC - Kevin ? -, who can read Romanian and tell us, what's about comrade Paraschivescu?

I think, if he was really an important comrade in Romanian history, then the price for the set - ? 1.300,- (maybe some discount ;) ) seems to be justified - what's the opinon of our YU-experts about that?

Many thanks for your help :cheers:

Christian

Market price for a YU-Flag 1cl, cased + documents :unsure:?

Gentlemen,

o.k., if Milan says, that the laws of market economy are ruling even the market for YU-Awards, what would be the present price for a YU-Flag 1cl, cased + documents :unsure: ?

EUR 1.300,- are too much, but what price can I offer to the dealer :unsure: ?

Many thanks for your advice :love: .

Christian

Hier is as requested scan of Order of Yugoslavian Flag 5th cl.

Lieber Waldemar,

may I ask, how much did you pay for the (rather rare!) YU-Flag 5cl :unsure: ?

Christian

BTW: Take a "subscription membership" for a (very) few British Pounds here at GMIC, then you will have no problems with uploading (up to 150 KB!) scans and editing your posts :D .

And the last one is document which says that Dimitru Popa was given this Order.

You will probably not be able to read the resons why Mr. Dimitru Popa was awarded therefore I copy this lines hier:

' za zasluga u razwijanju i ucvrscivanju miroljubiva saradnja i prijateljskik odnosa izmadju Socijalisticka Federativna Republika Jugoslavija i Socijalisticka Republika Rumunija

ODLIKOVANJE JE

Dumitru Popa

clan Centralnog Komitata Rumunska komunisticka

partija, nacelnik odaljanja u CK RKP'

Dumitru Popa was the Leader of municipal RKP in Bukarest.

best regards

wlodzimierz

DUMITRU POPA

Lieber Waldemar,

with a quick research I found out the following:

Comrade Dumitru Popa (not Dimitru!) was born in 1925, moved in 1966 into the "Inner Circle" of the CPR and visited officially - as the general major of Bukarest - Vienna for one week in june 1968. He is also mentioned as a diplomat.

Anyhow, comrade Popa belonged to the very top-communists in the late 1960s in Romania and so the got his YU-Flag 1cl.

Christian

And the last one is document which says that Dimitru Popa was given this Order.

You will probably not be able to read the resons why Mr. Dimitru Popa was awarded therefore I copy this lines hier:

' za zasluga u razwijanju i ucvrscivanju miroljubiva saradnja i prijateljskik odnosa izmadju Socijalisticka Federativna Republika Jugoslavija i Socijalisticka Republika Rumunija

ODLIKOVANJE JE

Dumitru Popa

clan Centralnog Komitata Rumunska komunisticka

partija, nacelnik odaljanja u CK RKP'

Dumitru Popa was the Leader of municipal RKP in Bukarest.

best regards

wlodzimierz

Lieber Christian,

I found this information about Comrade Dumitru Popa:

All 39 county Party First Secretaries are now represented

in the Central Committee, as is Dumitru Popa, First Secretary of the

Bucharest municipal Party organization.

POPA, Dumitru Alternate member, Executive Committee; First

Secretary, Bucharest Municipal. Party Committee

Source:

http://files.osa.ceu.hu/holdings/300/8/3/text/51-1-110.shtml

Is this the same Person I mean General? :(

best regards :cheers:

wlodzimierz

Lieber Waldemar,

yes, it is the same person - I also found that (Soros/CIA) source in the internet, where they say, that comrade Popa moved in 1966 to the "Inner Circle".

The best would be, to find a native speaker, who is in Bukarest, for further research. There have to be tons of material and photographs of that prominent communist.

You can also try to get in the archives of the city of Vienna some photographs and press releases from his official state visit to Vienna (Vienna's major Marek invited him), where he stayed a whole week.

As I told to you, a comprehensive documentation & research of Dumitru Popa - photographs, documents, articles, etc. - might boost the market value of your YU-Flag 1cl.

Christian

Lieber Christian,

I found this information about Comrade Dumitru Popa:

All 39 county Party First Secretaries are now represented

in the Central Committee, as is Dumitru Popa, First Secretary of the

Bucharest municipal Party organization.

POPA, Dumitru Alternate member, Executive Committee; First

Secretary, Bucharest Municipal. Party Committee

Source:

http://files.osa.ceu.hu/holdings/300/8/3/text/51-1-110.shtml

Is this the same Person I mean General? :(