News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Austro-Hungarian Military History ? Research Resources

Bonsoir Dave,

Many thanks for the tip - there's definitely something in there for me !

This is yet another part of a series of links to books digitized and available on Google Books which I have collected. I hope the books will be useful or interesting to you (and ideally both :beer: ).

[*]Geschichte des k. und k. Husaren-Regimentes Kaiser Nr. 1 (1898) - 545 pages, 34.8 mB

Though I understand from your "34.8 mB" that you actually could download the book ?

For most of those I seem to have only access to these most frustrating partial extracts ; am I missing some fine point here ?

If I may -and if it is indeed possible- would you mind specifying the pdf downloading address ?

Many thanks, and cheers !

Jerome

Edited by Djedj

The Milit?r-Schematismus are only available online, as is the history of Uhlan Regiment Nr. 3.

For all of the others, when I click on the link, I see two options: "Read this book" and "Download PDF". They are not partial extracts, but the complete books (except the Prussian state handbook in another thread).

This is what the top of the screen looks like, with the two buttons on the left side of the summary. Is yours different?

For all of the others, when I click on the link, I see two options: "Read this book" and "Download PDF". They are not partial extracts, but the complete books (except the Prussian state handbook in another thread).

Is yours different?

Yes :(

googlebookstc7.jpg

Bonjour,

Same here for me alas :

GoogleBooks.jpg

As for the link, it leads me to the message :

The requested URL /books/pdf/Geschichte_des_K_k__i_e__Kaiserlich_koen.pdf?id=0Daa-G_ebHEC&output=pdf&sig=1zSxQOu7iEwLt0ZPc-v78xmgyb8 was not found on this server

I am under a strong impression that Google Books uses the computer's regional parameters to define access level, with provisions pertaining to interpretations of copyright law. :speechless:

In those cases *useless*, but I guess that'd be some kind of "corporate decision"....

Anyway many thanks for pointing to those - there still is some much useful stuff to extract from those "snippet views".

And thanks for giving the link a go ; at least we tried !

Cheers,

Jerome

As for the link, it leads me to the message :

The requested URL /books/pdf/Geschichte_des_K_k__i_e__Kaiserlich_koen.pdf?id=0Daa-G_ebHEC&output=pdf&sig=1zSxQOu7iEwLt0ZPc-v78xmgyb8 was not found on this server

Same for me. :(

I am under a strong impression that Google Books uses the computer's regional parameters to define access level...

If this is the behaviour for the default European settings, is there any way to find the proper settings for the browser?

Same for me. :(

If this is the behaviour for the default European settings, is there any way to find the proper settings for the browser?

I think there is a way. I remember when eBay was blocking some sites, someone described how to change your settings so you didn't read as in Europe or the US. I can't remember exactly how it was done, though.