News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hero of Russia

slava1stclass

To all:

A very nice photograph of Lieutenant Colonel Gennadiy Vasilevich Tsatsorin. He was awarded the title Hero of Russia for valor in Chechnya.

Note, too, that he wears wound stripes (red denoting light wounds) - a tradition carried forward from Soviet days.

Regards,

slava1stclass

I do not care much for Umalatove medals and although these have been discussed in other threads, why is a Lt Col. on active duty (I assume) wearing non official govenment awards on his uniform??

I do not understand!!! What next..... a young man working at McD and having received dangly shiny bits of metal is going to wear them on his uniform a few years later! I know this is an exagaration indeed....

Someone enlighten me please.

Jim

I do not care much for Umalatove medals and although these have been discussed in other threads, why is a Lt Col. on active duty (I assume) wearing non official govenment awards on his uniform??

I do not understand!!! What next..... a young man working at McD and having received dangly shiny bits of metal is going to wear them on his uniform a few years later! I know this is an exagaration indeed....

Someone enlighten me please.

Jim

Jim,

I agree with you. As an active duty officer he is wearing authorized military decorations and badges of the Russian Federation. Among them are: "Герой Российской Федерации, медали ?За воинскую доблесть? I степени, ?За отвагу?, другие медали."

Regards,

slava1stclass

Edited by slava1stclass

Hi Belarsuki!

Well - inspite of the project for the Order of Stalin which never really took off, I doubt Putin would dare try make his own order! :cheeky: Although strangely enough, I did come across a medal (?) on ebay with Bush and Putin on it..... Still wondering if that was a bad joke or a hallucination..... or really a contemporary modern medal!!! :speechless1:

Its a pity that these modern groups somehow lack the "je ne sais quoi" factor that previous Soviet groups had.

Jim :cheers: