News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Luftwaffe Sonderfuhrer(Wartime Officials)

• 4 months later...
    • Replies 116
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Here are some wonderful photos from the collection of Robert Noss!! :jumping:

The lower one seems to be from the High Grade Career Level, while the others seem to be from the Elevated Career Level!

Actually those are a pair of unauthorised cord for an Administrative Official not a Sonderfuhrer

These would be for a Sonderfuhrer, though this set is for a Hauptmann equivalent, Sonderfuhrer cords did not have a backing.

Edited by Laurence Strong

Thanks for the clarification, Larry. I always get confused on the Admin and Wartime official stuff.....I also posted these in the Admin section so I was 1/2 right!

Gary B

I have never seen these in period photos for an Admin official. However, I have seen piped shoulderboards(unauthorized) used by Sonderfuhrer. I suppose those could go either way, but I think that they are for a sonderfuhrer, as they were the only ones to use the golden sliders.

Hi Paul and Gary

Go to Vol 1 page 569 where Sonderfuhrer's insignia are mention and you will find their shoulder cords mentioned, and then go to Vol 2 page 46 where Administrative officials insignia in relation to Schulterschnure are. Though very similar you will see that those are Admin cords along with photo's of them in wear.

Hope this helps some :cheers:

Larry

• 2 months later...
    • 6 months later...