News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

CAR BOOT FIND

FOUND THESE TWO MEDALS AT A LOCAL CAR BOOT OVER THE BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND SADLY THE GUY SELLING THEM DID NOT PUT MUCH VALUE ON THEM UNLIKE THE PERSON THAT THEY ONCE BELONGED TOO,PLEASE HAS ANYBODY GOT ANY INFORMATION ON THE GUY THESE ONCE BELONGED TOO

376980 CPL W C WILLIAMSON.R SCOTS

FOUND THESE TWO MEDALS AT A LOCAL CAR BOOT OVER THE BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND SADLY THE GUY SELLING THEM DID NOT PUT MUCH VALUE ON THEM UNLIKE THE PERSON THAT THEY ONCE BELONGED TOO,PLEASE HAS ANYBODY GOT ANY INFORMATION ON THE GUY THESE ONCE BELONGED TOO

376980 CPL W C WILLIAMSON.R SCOTS

As we are in the same part of the world...errr what car boot would that happen to be :blush::P

Dave

HI DAVE THE MEDALS WERE FOUND AT ECCLESHALL CAR BOOT ALSO PICKED UP SOME TUNIC BUTTONS FOR ROYAL ENGINEERS AND ROYAL SIGNALS AND 2 NAZI TINNIES, THIS IS THE FIRST STUFF I HAVE FOUND THEIR IN A VERY LONG TIME I HAVE MY WIFE TO THANK FOR FINDING THE MEDALS AS I WAS OFF BUYING DVD,S.DO YOU EVER GO TO SHREWSBURY COLLECTORS GALLERY PAUL IS A GREAT GUY HAD SOME NICE STUFF OFF HIM IN THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS

HI DAVE THE MEDALS WERE FOUND AT ECCLESHALL CAR BOOT ALSO PICKED UP SOME TUNIC BUTTONS FOR ROYAL ENGINEERS AND ROYAL SIGNALS AND 2 NAZI TINNIES, THIS IS THE FIRST STUFF I HAVE FOUND THEIR IN A VERY LONG TIME I HAVE MY WIFE TO THANK FOR FINDING THE MEDALS AS I WAS OFF BUYING DVD,S.DO YOU EVER GO TO SHREWSBURY COLLECTORS GALLERY PAUL IS A GREAT GUY HAD SOME NICE STUFF OFF HIM IN THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS

I know Paul at Collectors Gallery very well mate, I'm always in there.:)..in fact I'll be there on Saturday! You from Shrewsbury?

Dave

• 2 years later...
    • 4 months later...

Hello gents, browsing around gmic I came across this post and thought I'd pop a pic of a 1914/15 star I found in a pot of beads at my local car boot sale a few weeks ago. I had to fork out the sum of £1 , I didn't even haggle ;) The medal was awarded to 32842 driver T Iceton Royal Field Artillery. Medals are not really my thing so any information on this anyone could give would be appreciated. Perhaps someone could tell me what the little metal rose that is sewn onto the ribbon was for . regards chris

It's a 1914-15 Star.

The rosette has no business being there. A rosette was worn on the undress ribbon of the 1914 Star (NOT the 1914-15 Star) to denote the clasp "5th AUG.-22nd NOV. 1914".

Hi there, thank you for the info. I'll put it on ebay and hope to get my quid back . chris

Nice to see these medals have gone to a good home and will be appreciated. The lad in question was a Territorial and his number is attributed to the 10th(Cyclist)Bn, Royal Scots. I'm unsure if this battalion actually served overseas but will check other sources. However it's more than likely that if they didn't serve overseas he was transferred to another battallion.

As suspected the Cyclist Battalions, Royal Scots didn't serve in France & Flanders, but the 2/10th went to North Russia in 1918. I think the BWM & Victory Medals were only awarded for service in during the Great War and not North Russia, but if they were it would be a bonus for you. As he only has a six figure number on the medals and MIC he's a late enlistment as the six figure Territorial numbers weren't issued until 1917.

1/10th (Cyclist) Battalion

August 1914 : at Linlithgow. Army Troops not under command of a Brigade or defence area.

Moved to coastal defence at Berwick until April 1918, then to Ireland.

2/10th (Cyclist) Battalion

Formed in Linlithgow, September 1914.

Moved to coastal defence at Berwick until April 1918, then to Ireland.

Reorganised as an infantry battalion, the 2/10th moved to England in July 1918 and to North Russia in August 1918 as part of the Archangel Force, returning home June 1919.

Nice to see these medals have gone to a good home and will be appreciated. The lad in question was a Territorial and his number is attributed to the 10th(Cyclist)Bn, Royal Scots. I'm unsure if this battalion actually served overseas but will check other sources. However it's more than likely that if they didn't serve overseas he was transferred to another battallion.

Something at the back of my mind says the 10th (Cyclist) Bn., saw service in

the West of Ireland late 1919 - 1920 period I will have to check my files.

Kevin in Deva. :beer: