News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Indonesian Qualification & Unit Badges.

You don't seem to see many Indonesian badges around, although I'm sure that they're not rare - the only time I ever attempted to buy any I got ripped off for ?30 by some low life in Indoneasia who ran a nice looking site showing his collection but turned out to be a well known serial con artist.

Anyway, these 5 were the badges of one man, I did know what they wer but I've forgotten now - navy diver, navy para, police etc & of course - Bri-Mob.

Selam Polri means "police diver". Polri is the short-form acronym for Kepolisian Negara Republik Indonesia, the National Police of the Republic of Indonesia.

Pelopor means "scout". The badge incorporates the Polri coat of arms, so it is police as well.

The jump wings also incorporate the Polri coat of arms.

Bri-Mob is the Brigade Mobile Polri, or the Police Mobile Brigade: http://www.brimob.polri.go.id/

• 1 month later...

Ta, this man was also counter terrorist, he was ex-navy into police

He also wore these badges in cloth, subdued black with red detail on green chnos & in yellow with red, white & black detail on grey shirt/brown combat pants chinos.

Nice badges Leigh. They certainly like badges and bits to hang off their uniforms. I'm not sure how rare these would be, but given that Bri-Mob has a standing strength of about 10000 to 12000 members, and Detatchment 88 (counter-terrorism) is a small section of Bri-Mob, then they could probably be considered rare amoung a population over 200,000,000. They (Bri-Mob) are considered to be "elite", though many atrocities in Aceh have been attributed to them.

The amount of different types, styles and patterns of uniforms they use over there can be very confusing. They seem to have a great deal of para-military units. Bri-Mob is probably the better organised of the lot, certainly they seem to be more uniform in appearance in the field than many other units. They are well equipped with APC's to give them mobility and fire power.

Regards;

Johnsy

Thanks for the info - I have a photo of this man with another Indonesian police officer & myself - they're wearing the olive coloured uniforms with subdued black & red embroidered insignia.

Tucked away somewhere I have his grey & brown uniform with yellow/red/white/black embroidered insignia.

• 2 years later...

19 and 20 are US Military Explosive Ordnance Disposal Badges.

19 is just a gold version on cloth while 20 is a subdued version.

(I hope you paid less than $10 for those two combined)

Sirs

You can help me to identify the badges of the images?

IND1.jpg

IND2.jpg

IND3.jpg

• 6 months later...

almost all of this are the classic mode, now the shape and material is little bit different..

many of your picture are belong police and some other of it from army( parawing, masterparawing)..

but i can't identificate some of them because i still an amateur enthusiast..