News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

You can also find 1914 EK2s, one piece in zink though they are rare too. Just a matter of manufacturers doing things on the cheap during the early period of manufacture for retail sales pieces. When brand new they would have looked OK.

Stuff like this is the reason the authorites published a notice saying that anyone using anything other than the correct materials for an iron cross risked losing their license to produce them.

Guest Brian von Etzel

I've handled a lot of '14 EK's and never remember a zinck one. Unless I just hurried away from it for being 'not as nice'. My mistake...

I would think in 1918, late which means not much time left in production, zinck would have been pretty much standard.

Dave B,

That is, indeed, a very unusual Schinkel! So far there are two identified manufacturers of Schinkels, K.A.G. & Meybauer. Are you concerned about the split in the ribbon ring, which might suggest replacement? Just asking. . .

Dave B,

That is, indeed, a very unusual Schinkel!  So far there are two identified manufacturers of Schinkels, K.A.G. & Meybauer.  Are you concerned about the split in the ribbon ring, which might suggest replacement?  Just asking. . .

Hello Bill,

What split in the ring mate?...it is soldered closed.

Cheers

Dave

Please reference the attached copy of your photograph where I have circled what appears to be the split in the ring that was soldered shut. I am simply wondering if you think it might have been replaced or repaired. Edited by Bill Garvy

Please reference the attached copy of your photograph where I have circled what appears to be the split in the ring that was soldered shut.  I am simply wondering if you think it might have been replaced or repaired.

There is no split in the ring.Yes that mark is where the join is but it is perfectly soldered closed,I don't think it has been repaired or replaced.

Dave