News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 2 weeks later...
    • Replies 133
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all for the kind comments. Hope all of you are still around when I have to sell it all to fund my retirement.....

Here's one of the rarer Waffenfarbe's - for a Fahrtruppe Unteroffizier from Regiment 9 (Transport Corporal). The tunic is a standard issue piece. The breast eagle is the early style (the field-grey backing changed to dark green in September 1935). It appears that this is an enlisted tunic up-graded to NCO.

This is one of my favorites. For Pioniere Unteroffizier Baurle of the 1st Companie of Pioniere Gebergs Bataillon 54 (Engineer Corporal Baurle of the 1st Company of the 54th Mountain Engineer Battalion). The breast eagle is the early pre-1935 type. The name tag (see below) matches the branch, company and regiment, and the edelweiss. (German Order of Battle, 1944, page L53 lists the 54th Pi.Btl. and shows it as Geb. It as allotted to the 1 Mtn. Div. Page D48 shows 1 Gebirgsdivision as coming from Garmisch (Wehrkries VII). It states "Active division. Personnel mainly Bavarian with some Austrians. Fought with great distinction in Southern Poland. Less prominent during the French campaign. Played a minor role in the Yugoslavian campaign of 1941. In July, 1941, it was in action on the Southern Russian Front and in 1942 was in the Caucasus. In March, 1943, it was transferred to Northern Greece and in the summer of 1943 to the Greco-Albanian frontier." German Army Order of Battle, October 1942, page 70 shows the same information.

This one is for an Oberfeldwebel (Master Sergeant) of Beobachtungs 5 (5th Artillery Observation Battalion). Don't have a seperate photo of it, but on the left lower sleeve is a BeVo Richtkanonier-Abzeichen patch (Artillery Gunner's Proficiency Badge). I like this tunic because it's an issue piece for a MSG.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an issue tunic for a Flakartillerie Kanonier (Anti-aircraft Artillery Private). The inside of the pocket flaps are both stamped 2120 in black ink. The left upper pocket is stamped R A B '44 under which there are the five individual size numbers. Nice example of a basic issue blouse.

Another Flak flight blouse, this one is private purchase for an Unteroffizier (Corporal). The left upper pocket is stamped with the maker's name, location, and sizes but it's now unreadable.

Edited by Dave Suter

A silly question.... what do you do aganst moths and dust?

Well, when I was still living there, I'd go through and vacuum the stuff every so often. Moths haven't been a problem - really don't see many, possibly because of the altitude.

A friend gave me this info on where this town is: "This is a VERY small town very close to Krems an der Donau (river Danube) in nowadays Austria. The "b.W." after St. Michael means "bei Wien". Vienna is the next bigger city (some 10-20 km away), Krems is bigger than St. Michael but still small. If you have a good world atlas, it is in there. But look under SANKT MICHAEL, not St. Michael. Saint in English = Sankt in German. Cheers, Frank H."

Edited by Dave Suter

For a Freiwillige Feuerwehr Obermeister (Volunteer Fire Defense Service Obermeister).

Your tunic collection is pure quality!! The first LW flak EM is top shelf! It looks to be unissued! Are the straps the 1944 pattern? I find the Volunteer Firefighter uniforms to be very attractive! I have never seen a Firefighter Driver's insignia before!

Paul