News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Xmas Card - Hitler to Keitel 1940

Hi all,

Am a fresh puppy here and wish to thank you for allowing myself into your community. I have been in the collecting field for a few years now, having been fortunate to live in various locations in Germany, I have collected a few nice artefacts allong the way.

I'd like to share this item of mine with you all. It's from AH to Gen. Feldmarschall Keitel, Xmas 1940. Thanking he and his wife Lisa for all that they have done throughout the year.

Keitel has stamped with OKW (supreme command) stamp, dated and signed received, notably the same day it be written by Hitler.

Keitel was Hitler's number one officer. He signed the papers for the invasion of Russia (OP BARBAROSSA) and he also signed papers for the SS to begin the executions.

The card measures 15" x 5" and retains all the super colour print. Card was produced by Hoffmann A.G., Schreibwaren des fuhrers Sekretariat neuen Reichskanzlei, Berlin W8.

I currently have no real indication of value on this piece and any replies regarding would be much appreciated.

I am contemplating placing in the Nat War Museum for display.

Kind regards,

Mr. D

Hi all,

Am a fresh puppy here and wish to thank you for allowing myself into your community. I have been in the collecting field for a few years now, having been fortunate to live in various locations in Germany, I have collected a few nice artefacts allong the way.

I'd like to share this item of mine with you all. It's from AH to Gen. Feldmarschall Keitel, Xmas 1940. Thanking he and his wife Lisa for all that they have done throughout the year.

Keitel has stamped with OKW (supreme command) stamp, dated and signed received, notably the same day it be written by Hitler.

Keitel was Hitler's number one officer. He signed the papers for the invasion of Russia (OP BARBAROSSA) and he also signed papers for the SS to begin the executions.

The card measures 15" x 5" and retains all the super colour print. Card was produced by Hoffmann A.G., Schreibwaren des fuhrers Sekretariat neuen Reichskanzlei, Berlin W8.

I currently have no real indication of value on this piece and any replies regarding would be much appreciated.

I am contemplating placing in the Nat War Museum for display.

Kind regards,

Mr. D

Edited by Davey

Hi Davey, Very interesting piece of memorabillia

regards

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thank you very much.

I also have a nice set to show shortly - Himmler's Desk set from Haus Wewelsburg. Set is complete and comprises of three pieces.

Kind regards,

Davey

• 3 weeks later...
    • 7 months later...

Hi,

Far from being an expert in these sorts of items, I have to say I am quite "happy" (should I say this ? :rolleyes: ) fo the comments on the other Forum. When I saw this card in April, I was very much concerned by the card and much more by the comments... I had my opinion, but as many of us probably, was too "shy" to express it. Today, this is part of making this day good to me... :P

Cheers.

Ch.

Hi,

the thread in WAF is closed, therefore I can only post here.

WAF, the member "max history" about the new member "beuchars" (here Davey?) after some comments:

"Well that just about beats all?..everyone is wrong and I am somewhat blinkered!"

I know this feeling, combined with my first comments about the originality of the German sports badges DRL without swastikas in WAF :D , later here in GMIC.

But I could show in both forums (foras), that the others were really wrong.

But "beuchars" (Davey) is essentially complete wrong.

Like the comments from an other German in WAF, "FrankS", I can only say, that it is not really German, what you can see there printed below the signature from "Keitel" (Post 12).

"Hoffmann A.G., Schreibwaren des F?hrers Sekret?riat

neuen Reichskanzlei, Berlin W8"

First, the word Sekret?riat is wrong (Sekretariat). When i try, to speak it, I want to say Sekret?ri?t, that is easier than Sekret?riat. And the word Sekret?r is not a problem, but Sekret?riat :wacky:

And second, there is no sense in the sentence/sequence.

It could be:

Hoffmann A.G., Schreibwaren; Sekretariat des F?hres

Neue Reichskanzlei, Berlin W8

or:

Hoffmann A.G., Schreibwaren; des F?hrers Sekretariat

in der neuen Reichskanzlei, Berlin W8

But this is all nonsense, just as the nonsense on the card in Post 12.

Max (max history) has already indicated all the other mistakes in the forum WAF.

Regards

Uwe

Hello,

Just seen this topic and i don't want to go offtopic or anything but here is another christmascard i have had for quit some years now. I think the signature is not real, the card itself looks good though. (picture taken with card behind glass in a dark room)

any opinions?