News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

In seven weeks it was all over and the errant children were welcomed, willing or not, into the fold to fight France four years later.

Notice the unusual attachment system. The reversed hooks were apparently meant to slip into horizontal loops or an Austrian style cord.

Edited by Tom Y

Speaking of Baden, here?s a fellow who easily made the switch as evidenced by his Baden medal.

Might you be so gentle to show to whole bar? I can hardly remember to have ever seen a Baden Long Service cross ... :rolleyes::o

Guys,

Out of curiousity, what would be the value of a Nassau medal? Only 5,000 or so were issued.

Regards,

Joel

I paid $140 for it. Dunno whether that's a good price or not.

In seven weeks it was all over and the errant children were welcomed, willing or not, into the fold to fight France four years later.

--------------------

The Bearded Madman

Tom,

They indeed were.

Regards,

Joel

Edited by buellmeister

Wild Card, thanks a lot. Though small, this is one of the Baden bars I like best of ALL I've ever seen - and believe me, I've seen many. Love those Officer long service awards. He must have gotten it pre1871 as a military. Later those were only awarded to "Gendarmerie", whrereas Baden officers got the Prussian long service crosses. :(

Gro?herzog LudwigII von Hessen established this one in 1840 for veterans of the Napoleonic Campaigns. It was issued again for the 1848/49 unpleasantnesses, and finally for 1866, never to be used again.

Made of bronze from old Hessian cannon.

Edited by Tom Y