News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I do not recognize that conductor. Do you have a name for him? Welcome to the GMIC, HMVSCF!

Thanks for the warm welcome, Paul

Unfortunately, I don't have his name, I am searching for it (that's why I posted the photo).

This is the other photo I mentioned, showing Paul Haase:

It was published (in the same low quality) in the Tempo-Schallplatten-Katalog,

from 1940 I believe (now in the Dave C. Collection).

Cheers,

Ivan

• 4 months later...
    • 3 weeks later...

On the boards.....white........ Herman "Munster" Goering. On the Tiger commander the proper pink made from a very thin thread.

I haven't explained my packaging yet. I use photo backing board, acid free, and archival plastic bags cut to fit. It keeps each set isolated in case of critters and I write info on the boards or tabs on the back. It also allows me to keep them like a file.

• 7 years later...

Hello - and thank you very much for sharing your knowledge. I know that this is an old topic, but I'm hoping that someone can help me with a little information anyway.

I have a picture of my Grandfathers uniform. It is obviously a Luftwaffe-uniform, but I'm really curious to find out what kind of "band" he could have played, if possible.

Is it allowed to ask the question and post a picture in here?

Regards from Denmark - /Louise

On 28.11.2007 at 05:47, Paul R said:

Thanks Scott...

Can you make out anything on the photo?

I can get MusikMeister Hans Limoro

Jan04, 1938

Can you make out the rest?

Hi,

I don´t know if it is still of interest, if so:

He was stationed at he Seefliegerhorst (for sea-planes) in Schleswig (city in Schleswig Holstein). They had a Musik-Korps there.

In German you can read about the airfield here:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seefliegerhorst_Schleswig

Hello : The red shoulderboards for Musikmeister are an old model used during the Empire and the Weimar era , during the Empire the officials with 20 years of service were allowed a shoulderboard with a golden kantille cord interwoven with the red there were other colours of shoulderboards . with the feldgrau they were unified in red . The Musikinspizient of the ww1 era wears with the feldgrau uniform piped red and with swedish cuffs red collar patches with five equally spaced lines of gold braid and broad plaited shoulderboards of gold silver and red cords . The 5 lines simbolyzed the musical pentagram . on the cuffs in lieu of litzen braided Lyres ,I had never see a photo of the Musikinspizient . About the photo of the musikmester I dont know who is but I observe the use of saxophones well , In a book edited in the GDR about the Militarmusik in Germany , I read that the Luftwaffe was the only with saxos in their bands . Hitler dont like the saxos wich he linked too close with the jazz nigger music , degenerated music etc but Goering who believes he has a great culture dont conceived a band without saxos and imposed his will .

• 5 years later...
    On 18/04/2007 at 22:59, Dave Suter said:

Shoulder board for a Signals Musikmeister (Band Leader, Leutnant equivalent). The device is of the non-military/SA type rather than the later military style. This pattern of board was used from 1935 to 1938.

post-2932-1176947968.jpg

post-2932-1176947968.jpg

This type of shoulder board was in use before and during WW1