News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Spanish Pilots Wings

Simon F

Pregunta amigo mio

You may help me to clear a (maybe wrong) statemement that Spanish wings made by german makers can be sold and worn only by german pilots?

Dear Fran?ois,

Spanish wings are spanish wings no matter who made it. Where this statement came from?

I guess spanish pilot when training in Germany in its way to Rusia did not have the neccesity to buy a german made wings

since they came with their solid silver Rokiskis much better done (the crown is incredibly fine in detail compared to the german ones)

Anyway in the even of purchasing one, I think the owner would not get in problems for this.

Some veterans (mainly Mechanics or ground personel that obviosly can not wear the german flugzeugf?hrerabzeichen, granted to pilots)

even wore in his spanish uniform the metallic luftwaffe national eagle (as the one in the summer LW tunics) pined

in their breast to show his condition of veteran in Russia, when I think this wasn't regulated, and they did not get in

problems too. biggrin.gif

Regards

Francisco

Interesting....

How many Spanish Pilots fought for the Luftwaffe in Russia, and who else fought there as pilots/ ground crew etc?

John

Going by memory, several (5) squadrons from the 15th staffel of JG 51 had or were made of Spanish volonteers - again I can be wrong

15./JG 51 gave

1,2,3,4 and 5 Esquadrun Azul in Russia from Sept. '41 to March' 44

Probably, Spanish volonteers were found in other flying units of the LW in Russia, same as for Croatians, Romanians .................